The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

Quick stories on funeral homes etc.....

Years ago at an car/truck auction I actually bought a Chevy burial vault truck still had the lettering on the door....Think it was a 1935-36 vintage. I member it had mechanical brakes....which is probably as bad as having a powermaster brake system....neat truck.....for those that don't remember mechanical its before fluid in brake lines.

Another quick story as some of you probably know most funeral home businesses are passed down in the family to each next generation. If you are into suit and ties every day this profession requires it. I have a friend who in his youth was always into fast cars....somehow in his early driving years he convinced his father when they ordered a black chevy wagon for the funeral home he ordered a 409. Think it was 1961-62 the smaller of the two 409 offered and it was a 3 speed stick on the column. Talk about a rare combo....car is of course long gone...

Last quick story....

Maybe 10 years ago I was up in New England at Bavarian Autosport which in the BMW world is probably the largest mail order company for BMW stuff. We made parts for them). Anyhow I am in the main office talking to the guy who handles new products. His big office window looks out across the road. Directly across the road is a funeral home. (With the impeccable lawn).....I glance over as I notice this old guy using a power push mower....nothing unusual except he is not using it on the lawn....

He is methodically going back and forth on the driveway.....I asked the guy I was talking to and he says they do that every week to blow the grass stones off the driveway.....

end of story...

new trivia coming next

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I do have some new ideas in the works for the trivia game hopefully I can get Mr AMC to post the photos I need to make it happen since I lack the skill....Pretty sure he will since he has won a good many of the contests.

I do have some new ideas in the works for the trivia game hopefully I can get Mr AMC to post the photos I need to make it happen since I lack the skill....Pretty sure he will since he has won a good many of the contests.

No problem Dennis, will be happy to

kirban 2 cents worth

Contest 49. (By the way number 50 will be something special and the timing works out perfectly for #50.) Providing this one gets a winner before Tuesday noon. You will see the reason for this as the week progresses.

Not eligible Mr Ward and any turbo buick employees

One guess per post

Here are the clues

You are looking for the name of the option.

During the 1950s for brief period of time several GM makes (not all of them), had what I would call a unique and a cute option. In other words the option was cute and unique.

It only appeared a few years and would be very rare to see today.

It was a factory option.

Give me the EXACT name of the option.

the clock is ticking

good luck to all players

prize value $25 as always unless noted otherwise.

I need a winner by Tuesday in order to get #50 up and running before I release my weekly Turbo Inner Circle to my members.

No problem Dennis, will be happy to

Mr AMC

Giving you a heads up contest I just posted...I will send you a photo of it once we find a winner and other contest I mention involves that photo I sent you last week meaning you can't participate in #50.....I greatly appreciate your help..

Cemetery and Golf Course

kirban 2 cents worth

You were close problem is some of the cemetaries (old ones) are neglected....my brother in law lives in Washington State in the country didn't even realize it at first that grave stones were next to where he was living...ended up he started to cut the grass....

My son and us happen to live next door to a very old small church complete with a cementary which goes back over 200 years. If you ever walk through one the good seats (plots) are usually closest to the Church....in other words first ones that get buried are the closest....sometimes anyhow...one good thing about living near one you never have to worry about someone building next to you!

The nice lawns of the funeral homes answer I made was mainly just an observation of mine from passing by. PM coming to you with my info. Thanks and this is a fun thread!:cool:

kirban 2 cents worth

BINGO....this one is correct.....

somehow I saw your answer after this one....first....

Send me pm with your name and address....and what you have won in the past....also if you want post something here stating what gave you the clue....
you no the rules you gotta step back and not play in the next question.....

good job

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Contest 49. (By the way number 50 will be something special and the timing works out perfectly for #50.) Providing this one gets a winner before Tuesday noon. You will see the reason for this as the week progresses.

Not eligible Mr Ward and any turbo buick employees

One guess per post

Here are the clues

You are looking for the name of the option.

During the 1950s for brief period of time several GM makes (not all of them), had what I would call a unique and a cute option. In other words the option was cute and unique.

It only appeared a few years and would be very rare to see today.

It was a factory option.

Give me the EXACT name of the option.

the clock is ticking

good luck to all players

prize value $25 as always unless noted otherwise.

I need a winner by Tuesday in order to get #50 up and running before I release my weekly Turbo Inner Circle to my members.

I thought the Electric Shaver was Cute

Cute 50's option: Illuminated hood ornament. My grandfather had a Pontiac with that feature and I always thought that was cool! Paul

Contest 49

The Trans Portable Radio

kirban 2 cents worth

BINGO A WINNER

Mr AMC HAS A WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE tucked away.....sharp guy..on the plus side he has to sit out the next contest.

I will email Mr AMC later tonite as I got an actual photo of the radio....some f the other answers were good....my folks had a early 50s Pontiac Indian head lit up....on the hood....

I actually have one of these neat radios in my private collection....option was short lived I believ only offered in Buicks-Olds-Pontiac 1958-59...

Was like a $150 plus option so it was very expensive....dealer installed as the dash had a slot for the radio to sit in.

When removed it worked on batteries...what killed it was transistor radios became popular smaller and cheaper making this not a popular option.

more info tonite and trivia coming...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Paul I sent you by mail updated revision directions today on touch & start,. You live anywhere near where Dilligier made his great escape crown point, IN I think...that movie hits soon features alot of old cars...

haha! i'm on the phone with my grandpa right now and he just suggested that.

kirban 2 cents worth

Makes me feel old.....

Well, on the plus side the younger set is learning more about older cars and related options and the like...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Remember Don Garlits ran his best 1/4 mile time at age 71 covering the 1/4 mile in 4.761 seconds at a blistering 323.04 mph. (Not a misprint)

kirban 2 cents worth

Its too early for me to post the neat trivia question on the Buick part as I need to do it closer to this Wednesday.

So, here is trivia #50

Latest winner Mr AMC guy has to sit this one out as always no Buick turbo employees.

Here goes the question:

In the mid 1960s actually 1967 model year at least for Pontiac they introduced a hood tach. In many ways this was the perfect positon sitting on the hood in your visual path of the driver. The following year until it as discontinued it was a shorter version.

Several redlines existed for 6 cylinder and V8 applications. Buick had one just like it except it would say Buick in the dial. To my knowledge Olds never joined the game nor did Chevy.

This answer requires TWO correct answers in the same post.

Name the aftermarket company that also made them back then that I am thinking of.

Also as noted Buick labeled one and Pontiac labeled one. What other GM one existed as well.

Prize value standard $25

The clock is ticking.....

Except for Mr AMC......

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Member requires TWO ANSWERS I will note when someone hits on one 1/2 of the answer as usual.

kirban 2 cents worth

hee is a photo of an actual trans portable radio am only of course....heavy sucker maybe 5 lbs. measures 7 inches long by 4 inches wide by about 2 inches tall.

they pop up on ebay once in awhile actually I have a bid on one right now.
Appreciate Mr AMC running my photos for me.

Attachments

• 062209 004.jpg
    062209 004.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 141
Trivia Question #50

Hello Dennis & Fellow Turbo Buick Regal Enthusiasts:

Hmmm, another interesting one Dennis...I believe answer A: is fairly easy - I will say the aftermarket company is: Dixco. I actually have in my private collection a late 60's NOS Don Garlit's Dixco Tach which is the Star's & Stripes Red/White and Blue colors and a animated picture of Don Garlit's on the box which had great artwork! Dixco also made many other aftermarket tachs and instruments including a hood tach similar to the Pontiac GTO ones.

Part B:... a stab in the dark here and I am going to go with Cadillac Motor Division. :biggrin:

Thanks,
Jason

kirban 2 cents worth

Bit of news on ebay rite now #110401936085 is one of those trans portable radios I did have top bid at $100 but it isn't enough to buy it....for those that are curious as to its current value in the market place.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT

Tonite Tuesday between 6 pm and 8pm we will be posting a very unique trivia question that you will need to have the rite answer before 3 pm Wednesday.

Unique in several ways: We will have several winners so you do not have to be the first.

Winners will not be annouced until after 3 pm Wednesday.

Prize values will be over $25 each and may be worth as much as $75 each.

So tune in tonite.

Meantime hope someone hits on the current running factory GM Tachometer question.

Everyone will be able to play in this new trivia except Mr AMC and any Turbo Regal company.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Guests may want to join up as these prizes are very unique and have never ever been seen before!!!!!!!