The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

Trivia number #49

This is a quickee simple one.

If you have won more than 3 of my trivias you gotta sit this one out.

Prize is the SPI booklet (trunk ID label info) I assembled that gives over 85% of the codes and all the option prices and codes that I use in this thread. Its a $20 value.

Thought of this when I was working on the lawn....

Its not car related in any way.

Clues:

Their is 2 industries in the US that probably 95% of the time or better you can count on as having the best looking lawn.

Name the 2 industries BOTH MUST BE CORRECT IN SAME POST.

As the saying goes:

The clock is ticking....

New contest coming tonite....

Wanna see a new winner on this easy question.

not every car has spark plugs- there have always been some diesels out running around and there are even a few electric cars out there.

as for the pretty lawns- golf courses and baseball fields- how do they get all those cool mowing patterns in the outfield? they must have GPS enabled mowers..

kirban 2 cents worth

On the lawn trivia.....

You are 1/2 way there....golf courses is one half the answer.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

As for the patterns I think they reverses their direction every other row every week....or cut the same pattern direction every week depending on what they are trying to achieve....I am guessing on this.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

As far as spark plugs I thought about that problem is if I said gas engines or something that may have really narrowed the question down. However, the end result was we got a winner. I should have said a majority of vehicles....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirbans 2 cents worth

Going back to the last winner is Mr AMC....as for your prize I wlil send you that booklet I am getting made for you that would cover 2 winnings. ok?

Alfred Champion probably achieved something that few people do. First a bike and motorcycle racer from France. Switched to automobiles making spark plugs and magnetos. Started Champion Ignition company had issues with the investors who kicked him out. In 1908 with backing from Buick started AC Spark Plug Co. Became the head of that company. United Motor Corp which acquired Buick along with AC Spark Plug Co. Died in 1927 of a heart attack. GM bought remaining stock from his estate.

In 1971 was renamed United Delco few years later combined and became AC Delco (a name everyone knows). I am not 100% sure but a portion of AC Delco I believe is now Delphi.

Today their is no way in the world a company would let you restart another company with the same product and have it play off your initials. Alfred Champion is probably one of the few that was able to do this. Reginald Olds did the Oldsmobile and then playing off his initials did the REO trucks. Probably the 2 best examples in the automotive/truck field I can think of.

I never knew that Buick at one time owned AC spark plugs.

New trivia contest will be posted later tonite....as I can't imagine it will take long to find the lawn answer....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirbans 2 cents worth

Going back to the last winner is Mr AMC....as for your prize I wlil send you that booklet I am getting made for you that would cover 2 winnings. ok?

Alfred Champion probably achieved something that few people do. First a bike and motorcycle racer from France. Switched to automobiles making spark plugs and magnetos. Started Champion Ignition company had issues with the investors who kicked him out. In 1908 with backing from Buick started AC Spark Plug Co. Became the head of that company. United Motor Corp which acquired Buick along with AC Spark Plug Co. Died in 1927 of a heart attack. GM bought remaining stock from his estate.

In 1971 was renamed United Delco few years later combined and became AC Delco (a name everyone knows). I am not 100% sure but a portion of AC Delco I believe is now Delphi.

Today their is no way in the world a company would let you restart another company with the same product and have it play off your initials. Alfred Champion is probably one of the few that was able to do this. Reginald Olds did the Oldsmobile and then playing off his initials did the REO trucks. Probably the 2 best examples in the automotive/truck field I can think of.

I never knew that Buick at one time owned AC spark plugs.

New trivia contest will be posted later tonite....as I can't imagine it will take long to find the lawn answer....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Sounds good to me Dennis. I appreciate the book very much. It will be a very nice addition to the library.

kirban 2 cents worth

Trivia number #49

This is a quickee simple one.

If you have won more than 3 of my trivias you gotta sit this one out.

Prize is the SPI booklet (trunk ID label info) I assembled that gives over 85% of the codes and all the option prices and codes that I use in this thread. Its a $20 value.

Thought of this when I was working on the lawn....

Its not car related in any way.

Clues:

Their is 2 industries in the US that probably 95% of the time or better you can count on as having the best looking lawn.

Name the 2 industries BOTH MUST BE CORRECT IN SAME POST.

As the saying goes:

The clock is ticking....

New contest coming tonite....

Wanna see a new winner on this easy question.
Hi Dennis,

Would it be golf courses, and the much-maligned fertilzer industry?

Nando.

kirban 2 cents worth

Good news and bad news Paul

The bad news is your answer on my question is wrong....the good news is you may live long enough to see the Cubs win the next time since I doubt you were in the seats the last time they won. Myself I follow football.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Hopefully I can live long enough to see the Cubs in the World Series... let alone win it! Thanks for the new Touch and Start antitheft device Dennis. It is a very nice piece complete with super easy to follow installation instructions. I may even install it on my 70 GSX. Thanks again! Paul

Hopefully I can live long enough to see the Cubs in the World Series... let alone win it! Thanks for the new Touch and Start antitheft device Dennis. It is a very nice piece complete with super easy to follow installation instructions. I may even install it on my 70 GSX. Thanks again! Paul

kirban 2 cents worth

send me pm with your address concerning touch & start there is one minor correction on the valet position that we had to correct in directions. You wold be able to figure it out but I want to mail you the revised directions.

Unit is really slick plus the other benefit is most owners will install it them selves, saving not only money but if something was to go wrong they would know exactly what to do...the high tech alarms are a nitemare in most cases.

Plus on an original car you can make it invisible. My wife is real particular about directions....wait to see the next little trick item we got in the works. Will be a contest on it in a day or so.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

golf courses and funeral homes.

kirban 2 cents worth

BINGO....this one is correct.....

somehow I saw your answer after this one....first....

Send me pm with your name and address....and what you have won in the past....also if you want post something here stating what gave you the clue....
you no the rules you gotta step back and not play in the next question.....

good job

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com