Attachments

• Pictures misc 075.jpg
    Pictures misc 075.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 115
  • ILLINOIS 2009 038.jpg
    ILLINOIS 2009 038.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 115
kirban 2 cents worth

Its too early for me to post the neat trivia question on the Buick part as I need to do it closer to this Wednesday.

So, here is trivia #50

Latest winner Mr AMC guy has to sit this one out as always no Buick turbo employees.

Here goes the question:

In the mid 1960s actually 1967 model year at least for Pontiac they introduced a hood tach. In many ways this was the perfect positon sitting on the hood in your visual path of the driver. The following year until it as discontinued it was a shorter version.

Several redlines existed for 6 cylinder and V8 applications. Buick had one just like it except it would say Buick in the dial. To my knowledge Olds never joined the game nor did Chevy.

This answer requires TWO correct answers in the same post.

Name the aftermarket company that also made them back then that I am thinking of.

Also as noted Buick labeled one and Pontiac labeled one. What other GM one existed as well.

Prize value standard $25

The clock is ticking.....

Except for Mr AMC......

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Member requires TWO ANSWERS I will note when someone hits on one 1/2 of the answer as usual.

The Company was Dixco and the Tach you are thinking of Says Yenko on it Like this...

dixco.jpg

kirban 2 cents worth

I never realize Don had a tach with his name on it...got to be rare today.

So far 1/2 the current trivia question has been answered Dixco stil looking for the other GM related hood tach produced in the late 1960s.....

Member sometime tonite whether this hits a winner or not the unique trivia question will be posted....it will have as many as 3 possible winners.

gotta run and do some work..

kirban......thanz for the photos....keeps the education level growing...

kirban 2 cents worth

Makes me feel old.....

Well, on the plus side the younger set is learning more about older cars and related options and the like...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Remember Don Garlits ran his best 1/4 mile time at age 71 covering the 1/4 mile in 4.761 seconds at a blistering 323.04 mph. (Not a misprint)
i'm 26, he is 71. i figured he might remember a thing or two ;)

kirban 2 cents worth

One observation on hood tachs the Dixco version had a slightly different upper shell look compared to the GM version. Dixco appears to have the same height as the first version GM did (1967 only in the Pontiac world).

What shorten their life span was subject to moisture/water and constant shutting of the hood vibration issues....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

New trivia tonite unique......

I have a hood tach on my GSX and a problem is half the time the sun's reflection makes it nearly unreadable. I think in addition to the Pontiac & Buick versions there may have also been an "AC" hood tach. Paul

kirban 2 cents worth

BINGO PAUL....

I have to alert Mr AMC as he has a photo of the one in my colelciton I have a brand new in the AC Delco box I bought many many years ago...

Probably a accessory item at the dealers obviousily during the 1968-72 time frame....I know they were not cheap... compared to what you could get at your local speedo shop besides most buyers where mounting them other than the hood.

These as you know require holes for the studs in the hood and a hole saw style hole for the mechanism.

You know the drill....send me pm with what you won thus far.

Good news is you can still play in the next one as well...

The next contest is a neat one...

Watch for actual photo from Mr. AMC of the AC hood tach. I have no idea its current value as I would not sell it...I bought it cause I hd never seen one....reason I bought a good many items over the years...figuring if I have not seen it in my travels its probably rare.....plus I only buy mint stuff.

congrats Paul

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

May not know all the answers, but I have enough questions to ask.

Getting to see and learn about a lot of rare options from years past.....

Here is the picture of the AC Tach from Dennis' collection. Learn something new everyday.

kirban 2 cents worth

Looking at the photo Mr AMC put up on my tachometer....did you notice it has no factory redline....all the others to my knowledge Buick-Pontiac had various redlines depending on 6 or 8 cylinder applications.

I tend to focus on rare items in my collection.....

Attachments

• 062309.jpg
    062309.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 104
kirban 2 cents worth

As promised:

Think this is number 51 in a series of automotive kirban trivia.....

This one is slightly different than previous ones so please read all the directions very carefully.

Not eligible is MR AMC GUY (he actually will post the photo of the part tomorrow after 3 pm Wednesday).

Nor any turbo employees eligible, everyone else its an open field.

One guess per post

We will allow 3 winners. Each winner the prize value is between $75 and $100.

The first 3 that post the rite guess wins.

The choice of prizes is either a touch & start system or the new part (reason value varies).

Here are the clues:

The part we just made will fit many of the original 1984-1987 Turbo Regals.

To my knowledge the format we made no one has produced prior to this.

It corrects what I feel and I am sure you will agree is a shortcoming in the cars that we made it for.

It will retail for almost $100.

No additional clues will be given.

I am not sure if I will recognize any winners until tomorrow afternoon.

Please don't cheat......

One more thing, I ask, is if you win like you to install your prize within a week and post feed back on what you think.

the clock is ticking....

Better than playing the lottery in your state since we will give 3 away.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Backtracking to the photo Mr AMC put up on my tachometer....did you notice it has no factory redline....all the others to my knowledge Buick-Pontiac had various redlines depending on 6 or 8 cylinder applications.

I tend to focus on rare items in my collection.....I even have the Buster Brown little boy.....you guys under 30 have to ask your folks who in the world buster brown is......

good luck on the trivia...

Next week we will be incorporating some photos as part of the trivia working with Mr AMC. He won't know the answers but has the photos so he can play also. Lke we do with the cars I am constantly trying to fine tune this thread and keep it interesting for you that read it.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I do appreciate all the nice pm I get......

kirban 2 cents worth

my last post of tonite

mr slo gn both are wrong....re-read the clues project fixes a primitive prolem emblems would not fit that...brake bowl possible but already done by a multi million dollar company and the unit they made although doe snot look exact is pretty bullet proof considering all the ones we have sold.

Keep trying this contest end wednesday around 2 pm.....with or without a winner as the part will be annouced in my weekly turbo regal inner circle to like 2,500 members...

Once figured out I think everyone will agree it was needed. Issue is as a reader you got less than 24 hours to win.

kir******************

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis I have to guess a interior light for TTop cars.

kirban 2 cents worth

Sorry no possible...but at almost a $100 price tag sales would be very slow....you may or may not recall years ago we sold a later GM version lited rear view mirror had Caspers make a plug and it tapped into the wire harness that was up in the T bar....think that was near $75 or so.....

Good guess but wrong

kir******************

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Sorry no possible...but at almost a $100 price tag sales would be very slow....you may or may not recall years ago we sold a later GM version lited rear view mirror had Caspers make a plug and it tapped into the wire harness that was up in the T bar....think that was near $75 or so.....

Good guess but wrong

kir******************

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I was thinking along those lines with LED lights and a digital Temprature display or something.