The only intercooler option ever offered to public

that looks like a hell of a lot more work then the front mount in my TTA...ohh and guessing what $900 OR MORE..:frown::frown:

price

im asking $2000.00
They were listed in the ATR catalog for $1799.00 and up
but did not come with the 3/4" lines only 1/2" lines and did not come with the radiator, reversible flow dual fans. 200 amp alternator, air inlet and air outlet temp units or liquid temp unit, or up pipe. There are ice boxes available if you wanted to go that route at the track. You can use ice or dry ice. I personally would use about 5 gallons of water wetter mixed with an alchohol based antifreeze mix. You will have to play around with the mixture ratio to get the efficiency above the advertised 94.67%. Less than 1/2 psi loss across the core at 20 psi Page 24 in the ATR catalog if you still have that old rag lying around.

The unit bolts right in the stock location. Other than the extra radiator and the pump there really isnt alot of modifications. You can eliminate the fan on the radiator and the crank pulley. Make a plug and play fan harness that bolts right into the existing wiring. Run the fan switch to the ashtray to have it on when you want it on or regulated as it would normally It was advertised as a 40-50 hp bolt on. Modified engines respond with even more hp gains.

Just my 2 cents

Someone looking for that exact unit may pay that price.

Since this is tech I would think there are plenty of ways to do this more efficently at a simliar or lower cost...

Liquid I/C's aren't the end all solve all best IC option.

re:eek:ptions

Talking TT/A specific.
Intercooler options
-stock TT/A intercooler with a dutt neck - small hp gains 10-20
-nitrous spray into stock intercooler - unknown results - destroys value of -stock intercooler shroud. if the scoop isnt trashed already
-Jackson 17 row - possible clearance problems with shroud and fan or sway bar
-Front mount like PTE (very nice piece for GN) - pipes to low to the ground and will get dented. also interference problems with air dams and might cause cooling problems. Hard to mount without custom fabrication of mounting brackets.
-Ford Diesel front mount - going to have piping/routing issues unless you cut your radiator support.
- I even tried the Kenne Bell up pipe with the liquid cooled encasement/sleeve. For sale if anyone wants it. Shoot me an offer.
-Do you really want to do that to 1/1555 cars? Im really not one to talk i cut a hole in the unibody for my ram air setup from the front left fog light hole. The good is i also welded south side machine sub frame connectors in and modified a ton of other stuff too. I dont care if i lower the value of the car because it has 65k on it and im never selling it anyway.

-Front mount like PTE (very nice piece for GN) - pipes to low to the ground and will get dented. also interference problems with air dams and might cause cooling problems. Hard to mount without custom fabrication of mounting brackets.

Very easily modified. If someone wants to bring us one to do the template on we would be glad to make the pipes to fit with the TA and the PTE F/M...

re: who is we

Could you post your business name, location, cost to do this including fabrication of brackets and piping, removing the front end parts, permanent altercations needed for the installation, transmission oil cooler restrictions, fitment (will it even fit?), how to address the cooling problems , cross bracing removal, front end rigidity and all that good stuff so we can all get the whole picture involved in getting them installed.....Of course a nice clean installation would be expected with piping that wont bottom out and retaining both cross bracing and transmission oil cooler functionality........I am a bit pessimistic about why earlier attempts never panned out......

Shane, are there any TTA's that ever come into the shop? If I was closer I'd offer mine up. I have wanted a FM forever but the cost is unreal.

Jason

Shane, are there any TTA's that ever come into the shop? If I was closer I'd offer mine up. I have wanted a FM forever but the cost is unreal.

Jason

No, we have been trying to get one down here so we could do headers too...

Bweavy and I own one together but it is far from stock so it wouldn't be worth trying. We need one as close to stock as possible...

re: headers

If your gonna make some headers i would be interested in the ATR style (crossover to turbo) 3 or 4 bolt flange offset for the PT88 turbo that is compatible with the Terry Houston TT/A 3" downpipe.
Maybe someday we could all be driving 9 second 109 block TT/A's with all that stuff available.
Yeah if we can dream it. You can make it real. I bought a tig welder to make my own someday but would rather buy a set made already.
Kooks charges big $$$$ for that all custom stuff and the stainless isnt cheap either........

re:head gaskets

The RJC head clamps work on the TT/A's ??
If no tell them to make some head clamps that do.
I know you can wear a girdle if you go with the tubular k-frame.
Why not use GN1 heads as long as your making headers. And while your at it make a Hogan style intake with accomodations for 160 lb injectors, massive fuel rails and a 90mm or bigger throttle body.......sounds like its getting pretty expensive.
Pinch me i think im dreaming......

I am not bragging so please don't take it that way.

If you can pay for it, we can do it:biggrin:

re: bragging

If you can do it i have the money to pay for it, but if it ends up looking like some frankensteined crap when your done im not going to be a happy camper. And im not bragging either....Dave

Funny thread. Fastest someone has gone with a bone stock IC on a TTA is 132 MPH and mid 10's. Rob C did this many years ago. Looking at the board, the mid-upper 10's is the barrier on these cars irreguardless of IC. I had a DeQuick FM on mine with 3 inch piping.. it wouldnt work without the use of the alcohol becuase you cannot get air through it due to the nose design on these cars. The AC didnt work as well, and it taxed the cooling system a bit when in traffic.

Liquid IC's have the problem of core leak.. when they crack and leak into the air internally.. your car will run like crap. A simple alternative is the Vortech liquid piece used on the Vette's and 4th gen F-bods. Another alternative is the twin procharger IC.. but agian no air through core.. high IAT's.. back to square one..

Best IC made for a TTA.. is an alcohol kit. Period. From that point its just an issue of pressure drop across the core. My Dequick would see 190 degree's through the traps at 25 PSI without the alcohol system. With it it ran at ambient+5 to 10 degree's in Florida.

Stocker with a Dutt neck and an alcohol kit shines like there is no tommorrow.

Someone please prove me wrong with data showing IAT's at WOT through the traps on a faster car. Not a mid 12 second example. :eek:

Like the Missouri plate "Show Me" :D

This is a datalog from my TTA at Reynolds. Look at intake air temp and PSI. The blue line is the methanol dropping temp.. then when I lift, you can see the temp increasing.

Stock piston motor :eek:

Attachments

• Reynoldslog.jpg
    Reynoldslog.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 414