The only intercooler option ever offered to public

If you can do it i have the money to pay for it, but if it ends up looking like some frankensteined crap when your done im not going to be a happy camper. And im not bragging either....Dave

Send JayC a PM. He will be happy to discuss this with you in detail!

If you can do it i have the money to pay for it, but if it ends up looking like some frankensteined crap when your done im not going to be a happy camper. And im not bragging either....Dave

If you've seen any of the work we do, you'd know thats not going to be the case. We can build you anything you want. Front mount, headers, you name it. If you get the car down here, we can do whatever you want.

We tried a water cooled "stocker" back in the early 90s on my wifes stock TTA. Track it worked good. Had to pack the cooler with ice and it would pump the cold water threw it.. SUCKED on the street !! I used it 1 day. I see you do have a cooler with a fan BUT still wonder how it would run on the street ??

...On the headers for a TTA it would be a nice thing to have BUT how many ya goin to sell ??? You thing it's worth bothering with ?? :confused: Here is the set I had made. We went with the crossover in front BUT we had a tubular crossmember in it . Gave tons of room. Oh these were for GN heads NOT TTAs .

Attachments

• Stage 2 out.JPG
    Stage 2 out.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 400
  • Stage2 out 2.JPG
    Stage2 out 2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 398
We'd probably sell about as many sets of those headers as we've sold twin turbo kits for the GNs. I wasnt thinking about mass producing the headers, I was thinking about making him a set if he wanted them. If there was enough interest, you could probably do a small production run of maybe 10 sets and sell them at a lower price.

No, we have been trying to get one down here so we could do headers too...

Bweavy and I own one together but it is far from stock so it wouldn't be worth trying. We need one as close to stock as possible...

Shane we have 1 on the TTA bud. ATR Liquid IC. I had a customer who was going to send me a damaged unit to cut apart. Never showed up.

We also have the down pipe & headers.

Your next trip down here bring it down & I'll remove the parts & ship them to BWR.

We tried a water cooled "stocker" back in the early 90s on my wifes stock TTA. Track it worked good. Had to pack the cooler with ice and it would pump the cold water threw it.. SUCKED on the street !! I used it 1 day. I see you do have a cooler with a fan BUT still wonder how it would run on the street ??

Amen, thats why most of the Syclone guys go to A/A ... they get so much "heat soak" on the street ... they are no longer intercooled HAHAH ---

Amen, thats why most of the Syclone guys go to A/A ... they get so much "heat soak" on the street ... they are no longer intercooled HAHAH ---

my brain is goin.. it wasn't a stocker it was a custom made one that Conleys sold wayyyyyy back in the day (made in Mass) . Had a cooler that ya added ice to. NEVER would use it on the street because I would have got our ass kicked!! It was BAD !!!

my brain is goin.. it wasn't a stocker it was a custom made one that Conleys sold wayyyyyy back in the day (made in Mass) . Had a cooler that ya added ice to. NEVER would use it on the street because I would have got our ass kicked!! It was BAD !!!

I remember those.. I forget the guy's name that made them. Mark Jackson?

Any of the old MA crowd still into Buicks? I know Bob Pittman was sick, what about Gary Caramanis, Joe Mooney, etc?

I remember those.. I forget the guy's name that made them. Mark Jackson?

Any of the old MA crowd still into Buicks? I know Bob Pittman was sick, what about Gary Caramanis, Joe Mooney, etc?

ya I believe it was Mark.. Bob passed away a while ago.. Gary is still playin with the Buicks BUT only comes out when the temp is COLD :p Joe is always on the road workin. A friend of mine still has one of the coolers. He is goin to a SLIC :cool:

Talking TT/A specific.
Intercooler options
-Jackson 17 row - possible clearance problems with shroud and fan or sway bar

Sway bar has to go.

Funny thread. Fastest someone has gone with a bone stock IC on a TTA is 132 MPH and mid 10's. Rob C did this many years ago.

Sure?? The reason is ask is the 17 row MJ on my car now originally came off of Crisafulli's TTA. Hard to fathom an unmolested stocker pulling off that kind of MPH w/o one of your kits or other cooling methods.

Sure?? The reason is ask is the 17 row MJ on my car now originally came off of Crisafulli's TTA. Hard to fathom an unmolested stocker pulling off that kind of MPH w/o one of your kits or other cooling methods.

Sure was. He ran it in a specific class that required the stock IC. As you know that car has gone through multiple stages of transformation. The MJ was probably after the stocker.. as latter was the twin turbo SBC. :smile:

re:Grumpy's TT/A header pics

Grumpy,
You are the man, Loved the pictures of the very larger series turbo and the custom headers. Who did the work? You are not that far from me. (CT) Was it done locally? What kind and size downpipe / wastegate setup did you use? Will that crossover work without the tubular k-member? Does the use of the tubular k-member cause stress cracks? What 1/4 times and speed did you get with the setup? Was it streetable at all?

Grumpy,
You are the man, Loved the pictures of the very larger series turbo and the custom headers. Who did the work? You are not that far from me. (CT) Was it done locally? What kind and size downpipe / wastegate setup did you use? Will that crossover work without the tubular k-member? Does the use of the tubular k-member cause stress cracks? What 1/4 times and speed did you get with the setup? Was it streetable at all?

local guy did them in his spare time ... so that was 2 years :wink: AWESOME WORK !! . I turned the turbo like that so the 3.5" downpipe would be easier to do. We had a Turbonetics wastegate set up that didn't get done. I don't think the crossover would work with a stock crossmember . after getting the headers back we decided to put the car back to stock as they were starting to bring in some $$$$.. This was a LOW mile TTA that would have def been streetable. Still have a lot of the engine left :wink: We were going after a old 85 Camaro :p He ran 9.6 with his V8. Now we are goin to do it with a GN :biggrin: AND a Mazda :cool:

Attachments

• TTA5.jpg
    TTA5.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 254
  • march07e.JPG
    march07e.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 264
  • Turbo11.JPG
    Turbo11.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 257
re:customised TT/A car pics

Grumpy, Was that the 13,000 mile car you had that A.J. aka VMAXRIDER from Waterbury, CT bought from you? I am guessing the setup shown was never completed and run? any HP estimate when/if completed?

Do you by any chance still have the Hogan style intake with all the associated parts needed to install?

Grumpy, Was that the 13,000 mile car you had that A.J. aka VMAXRIDER from Waterbury, CT bought from you? I am guessing the setup shown was never completed and run? any HP estimate when/if completed?

Do you by any chance still have the Hogan style intake with all the associated parts needed to install?

yup... 10,508 mile car .. Intake was sold along with the turbo, headers, valve covers and anything else we decided not to use. The motor went 9.9s @ 138 back in the late 90s with a fast , front mount , slicks and all the rest of the cool guy parts. Then 5 years later Melissa beats that with a girdled 109 motor, steel heads and a 67 turbo in street trim :cool: good ol technology of today !! check your PMs