The Ricer returns: It's been a while...(Pics included)

is that a silvia or skyline motor? my buddies doing the same exact thing. Only 21 PSI? how much more do you plan on running? nice car though.

Fireplug said:
Some of you may remember me from about a year ago when I posted pictures of my 240sx and it's mods. People didn't believe the #'s I was predicting..didn't believe the hp I was saying I would have....here's the results, please check out my thread in Member rides.

That is really a great looking engine. You did a great job. Can you give a little info on it, please?

that car is NOT rice.. Good job.. Nice looking and nice set up.. Lets see. RWD, NO wing, NO excessive stickers.. Not rice:)

very nicely done

I have to agree, that's not "rice". That's a looks like a well thought-out and well executed car. Everything looks clean and tidy with just enough polish and flash under the hood to be tasteful. Congradulations! Time to enjoy it now!!! :D :D :D

btw, it also looks like a considerable amount of cash sitting there! ;)

Too tastefully done to be considered a ricer. showy without being tacky, very nice.

looks Good! You should enter it in the 1/2 / one mile shootout in Custer County (about 250 miles west of Omaha) in August (you don't need a bar to run the 1/2).

140 in the 1/2 will win usually the street division. The Vipers and Vettes wouldn't know what hit them.

The engine is an SR-20 DETand the turbo would have to be some where around a GT-35R to get 500 to the wheels, could you give some info on the build....I use to do some work on a local guys car that made 540ish @ 22 pounds.

Thanks for all of the compliments, seems like things have changed since I was last here. My last thread (about a year ago) I had to defend myself about my car and fight back against unnecessary comments. I'm liking the place now.

GNguy said:
is that a silvia or skyline motor? my buddies doing the same exact thing. Only 21 PSI? how much more do you plan on running? nice car though.

It's the 4 cylinder silvia motor (aluminum block aluminum head) The clutch was slipping at 21 psi, I'm actually putting in a 300zx transmission and a stronger clutch. Once that's put in we'll turn up the boost to 35-38 psi.

UNGN said:
looks Good! You should enter it in the 1/2 / one mile shootout in Custer County (about 250 miles west of Omaha) in August (you don't need a bar to run the 1/2).

140 in the 1/2 will win usually the street division. The Vipers and Vettes wouldn't know what hit them.

I would love to but it's down for the year so I can do the tranny upgrade. It's been fun though I've already had my way with a few vipers. I even got to take down the new Ford GT on the interstate. :)

chrisgarrett said:
Fireplug said:
Some of you may remember me from about a year ago when I posted pictures of my 240sx and it's mods. People didn't believe the #'s I was predicting..didn't believe the hp I was saying I would have....here's the results, please check out my thread in Member rides.

That is really a great looking engine. You did a great job. Can you give a little info on it, please?

Cme2fly said:
The engine is an SR-20 DETand the turbo would have to be some where around a GT-35R to get 500 to the wheels, could you give some info on the build....I use to do some work on a local guys car that made 540ish @ 22 pounds.

Correct, it's an SR20DET. The turbo is a Precision PT67. It's a t4 with a .58 ar. We chose an S cover because it looked like my old turbonetics 62-1 turbo (which I never ended up running) and we polished the Precision turbo to make it look identical so some locals here would never know the difference... :cool: I can give a full mod list.

at7we2 said:
btw, it also looks like a considerable amount of cash sitting there! ;)

In a way, you are correct...but not completely. I picked up the motor/tranny for dirt cheap. I got it for $500.00 because the previous owner thought he cracked the block...turns out it was only a crack in the headgasket and the whole motor was fine. The SR20 motor is notorious for withstanding 500whp on stock bottom end but I'm not the type to push the limits...I like to make power and have it remain reliable, so I forged the internals with new pistons and rods, etc. etc. The whole motor after machine work was a little over $2k. (including parts) Intercooler piping was free, header was cheap. The only true expensive part was suspension mods, tires, etc. Drivetrain parts. All of the piping/fabrication was cheap if not free because I landed a job at a local speed shop.

Here's the complete mod list for the whole vehicle:

Motor:
1.) Redtop S13 SR20DET
2.) Blitz FMIC kit (23"x10"x2")
3.) Full 3.5" Stainless Turbo-back exhaust
4.) KOYO 2-core racing radiator
5.) Dual FAL 12" fans
6.) Greddy Catch can

Drivetrain:
1.) Tein HE coilovers
2.) Front/Rear strut tower bars
3.) BuddyClub P1 wheels (16x7.5 front and 16x8.5 rear)
4.) Mickey Thompson 26x10.5 drag radials
5.) Whiteline polyurethane bushing kit
6.) 180sx VLSD
7.) LS Automotive Stage 3 Axles
8.) SPEC Stage 3 (6 puck clutch)
9.) Fidanza lightened flywheel
10.) Driveshaft Safety loop

Intake/Fuel:
1.) Greddy intake manifold
2.) Custom top feed fuel rail w/ -8 fuel fittings
3.) MSD top feed 96/lb injectors
4.) Twin Walbro 255lph fuel pumps
5.) Aeromotive FPR
6.) AEM EMS
7.) Splitfire DIS coilpack kit
8.) -8 Stainless braided teflon fuel feed line
9.) -6 Stainless braided teflon fuel return line

Turbo/Manifold:
1.) Precision PT67 turbo
2.) Custom 4" intake pipe w/ K&N filter
3.) Sublime Speed Tech Stainless steel top-mount exhaust manifold (8 gauge thickness, 304 stainless)
4.) Sublime Speed Tech Stainless 3.5" downpipe
5.) Tial 40mm wastegare with 1.0 bar spring
6.) Tial racing blow-off valve

Built Motor Specs:
1.) Block has been cleaned, decked, and balanced
2.) bored 40 over and powerhoned
3.) crankshaft has been micropolished
4.) Wiseco pistons (9.0:1)
5.) Eagle rods
6.) ARP Head/Main studs, fasteners, etc.
7.) Power Enterprises 1.5mm metal headgasket
8.) Ferrea double-valve springs,titanium retainers, seats
9.) Tomei Rocker Arm Stoppers
10. HKS 272 Step 2 cams
11.) HKS Adj. cam sprockets
12.) Comp. 5-angle valve job w/ radius entry

Fireplug said:
Thanks for all of the compliments, seems like things have changed since I was last here. My last thread (about a year ago) I had to defend myself about my car and fight back against unnecessary comments. I'm liking the place now.

Maybe all the naysayers and doubters pushed you to do an even better job just to prove them wrong. :)

Thanks for the reply, should be fun as hell to drive at only 1 bar..When do you achieve full boost, I would assume somewhere around 5200 rpm using that turbo.. :biggrin:

Cme2fly said:
Did any cars come already turbo charged with this motor,,if not what cars had this motor ,,alway thinking of a 2nd toy to work on....
Thanks Dennis
:smile:

BandAid said:
Did any cars come already turbo charged with this motor,,if not what cars had this motor ,,alway thinking of a 2nd toy to work on....
Thanks Dennis
The only cars that came with that particular engine where the nissan s13, and s14 JDM (240sx in the US). I think the s14 model had some minor interal oil modification to the engine. Basically, if you want a sr 20 de-t=(turbo) you will need to order one from a company that imports these engines to the US or find someone that has already done this. Get ready because the engine cost somewhere in the neighborhood of 3k. The only other option is to find sentra S-er, I beleive that one year they with the Sr-20de, mind you that car is FWD and will not work in a RWD car, but I beleive it has most of the same internal engine parts it turbo charged brother. Other options are buy a 240sx with a KA engine and turbo it or fab a buick turbo into a 240. :eek:

Cme2fly said:
The only cars that came with that particular engine where the nissan s13, and s14 JDM (240sx in the US). I think the s14 model had some minor interal oil modification to the engine. Basically, if you want a sr 20 de-t=(turbo) you will need to order one from a company that imports these engines to the US or find someone that has already done this. Get ready because the engine cost somewhere in the neighborhood of 3k. The only other option is to find sentra S-er, I beleive that one year they with the Sr-20de, mind you that car is FWD and will not work in a RWD car, but I beleive it has most of the same internal engine parts it turbo charged brother. Other options are buy a 240sx with a KA engine and turbo it or fab a buick turbo into a 240. :eek:
http://www.are.com.au/Big HP/grunter.htm

yanking my v6 and installing a more economicall engine,and you think the GN guys are crying when we turboV8 a GN,,to think of a 4cyl in a GN... :eek: :eek:

BandAid said:
Thanks Dennis

It's basically what he said. If you're not following all of the chassis codes I'll make it a little easier for ya. :)

Basically none of the 240sx's here come turbocharged. Japan's "240sx's all come with this motor. It's a direct bolt up swap though, the motor uses the exact same motor mounts, etc. In all honesty I wouldn't bother swapping in the 2.0 motor like I have done. People are having very good luck with the 2.4L motor that comes stock in 240sx's here. They're making great torque to go along with the high hp. So far a shop has achieved 638whp and 599 ft/lbs torque which isn't bad for a little 4 cyl. If I could do it over I would have stuck with the 2.4 that's in it. A lot of guys swap in the 2.0 (SR20DET) motor because it has been proven by numerous tuners/shops to lay down 500+whp on stock bottom end. They're not bad cars though, I chose to use it because they're light and rwd!

Cme2fly said:

The S14 has a ball bearing turbo, VVT, and more hp stock than the S13. Correct the Sentra SER's come with a fwd SR20 motor (91-94) We have a local here making 501fwhp with a beefed up headgasket and a lot of boost, but then again he's still fwd. (runs 11.3's at 130+ traps :eek: )

Very Nice!!!

I remembered you from about a year ago when you first started this project, congrats on completing it and acheving your goals. It's a very nice car, period!!! :cool:

Raymond

talk about ricing

i just did my nephews Hyundai Tiburon,should be intresting car(sleeper) ans most people think these cars suk ass
Picture030.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Its a garret t3 super 60 turbo its only good for about 300-350HP but plenty for his needs
here is some pics of my GN powered S10Blazer Truck still in build stages went 12.51 on 16psi basically stock
Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg