You can type here any text you want

Theres gold in thet there motor!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

williambavila

William Avila (The Buick Guy)
I have recently been plauged with a low oil pressure problem. My car has been running about 20-30psi at idle and maybe 15psi in gear. I noticed after our shootout in October the oil pressure has dropped to almost nothing. Here is why.
launch
I assume it is because I did not use the ZZDP regularly. I will be doing a rebuild and possibly a stroker setup I will keep you posted!

In gear mine drops down but sittin warm at idle I had 20#'s. Now at idle in park I am lucky to have 10-15#s and in gear 0-5#s. Can you see the picture of the oil? I cant see it on my computer but lets just say I have never seen that much metalic flake in anything other than a bass boat!

That looks nasty! :eek:

Good thing you were wanting to build a Stroker anyway.

~JM~

I am bummed about it,I will keep you posted with pics from the tear down and the rebuild. Just hoping to replace some bearings and other goodies without doing a stroker but who knows we will see.:mad:

That was before I installed this engine,and before I spunn the timing gear off the last one! I probably would not have sold it anyhow!!!. it has been a real pain in the ass but it will end up being one of my boys one day.I have been building this
camaro.jpg

me and my dad are building a 67 camaro with a 427 stroked out to a 469 its gonna be bad ass but i got mine almost all shorted out to

FIRST........Pull the cam sensor and see if the lower bronze bushing in the sensor has not spun in the the housing. That looks more like brass/bronze. I personally have had this happen. If you are running an aftermarket timing cover this is probably your issue. Call TA and buy one of their timing covers. Problem solved. I'll send you the bill in the mail.:D

FIRST........Pull the cam sensor and see if the lower bronze bushing in the sensor has not spun in the the housing. That looks more like brass/bronze. I personally have had this happen. If you are running an aftermarket timing cover this is probably your issue. Call TA and buy one of their timing covers. Problem solved. I'll send you the bill in the mail.:D
Would this cause a drop in oil pressure?

I think you'll find the number two main bearing (thrust bearing) wiped out? That's alot of copper, brass !!!!

I found all that good stuff inside the engine!!! I also found that 3 lobes on the camshaft were flat or just about flat.

Wow !! That is ALOT !! Where in the heck are those big chunks from ?? I see where your oil pressure went !!!

I am pretty shure there from the 3rd main bearing and the thrust bearing. I am not sure.tell me what you think of those keepers on the heads

Back