You can type here any text you want

ThermaL COATING?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Royal-T-Ltd

Anybody in the st. Louis Area that does Thermal Coating? Jet Hot or HPC, etc

I've no exp. with thermal coating. but I've got a powder coater at my work. I think the only hi-heat powder we got right now is is black, and it leaves a bit of a textured finish. I would need to check on the temp. range. I'd be more than happy to do do them for no charge if you'd want to go that route. (I'm a nice guy) If theres a specific color you want, you'd just have to go buy the powder. We've got a few differant normal powder coat colors though and I've been powdercoating some parts here and there under the hood myself here recently and its greatly improving the looks of my engine compt.

Turbobuick2 said:
I've no exp. with thermal coating. but I've got a powder coater at my work. I think the only hi-heat powder we got right now is is black, and it leaves a bit of a textured finish. I would need to check on the temp. range. I'd be more than happy to do do them for no charge if you'd want to go that route. (I'm a nice guy) If theres a specific color you want, you'd just have to go buy the powder. We've got a few differant normal powder coat colors though and I've been powdercoating some parts here and there under the hood myself here recently and its greatly improving the looks of my engine compt.

Thanx man - i appreciate it. I think i'll take you up on the offer - just gotta see what to coat [i'm still lookin for a thermal type coating for downpipe, headers, up pipe, Maf pipe though] What have you coated... i'm lookin for ideas... i was thinking about the alternator case and some valve covers. do you have any pix of your engine and/or powder coating?

pm me your email address. i just took a couple pics, but their too large for uploading, I'm not computer savy enough to know how to post links.

I have been looking for someone local to do powdercoating. I would be happy to pay you to do a few things for me, valve covers, brackets, etc. Let me know if your interested, I can bring the parts to you.

Thanks!

you don't have to pay me anything. I'd be more than happy to help out other turbobuick owners. I live and work in Chesterfield Valley. The only colors I've used on my gn so far is a color called "jet black" and a grayish color thats about the same color as the original gn's oil fill tube. I want to keep everything looking as stock as possible. The jet black is a pretty balsy black to use because its got such a glass shine to it. which just means if you scuff and rub against it alot, it's going to show those scuffs a little more noticeably. i think we've got some other blacks to use also, I'll have to check. I'm limited on size of the part due to oven size, but that probably won't be a issue because its a pretty big oven. What we can do is powder coat something that you've got laying around that you don't care about (its got to be able to withstand at least 400 degrees of course), and you can see what its going to look like on the parts you want done. Powder coat can be removed, but trust me... its a m----r f----r to get off once you've baked it on. so keep that in mind too. just pm me your phone # and a time to call. i can also send you some pictures that i took last night of some of the stuff i just got done doing on my gn.

Wow, thats very generous of you! It's nice to see people helping out their fellow TB brothers!!! I wish I had some parts to powder coat, only prob is I couldn't come over and bring you a beer cause your 5 hours away!!!

Aaron, my friend told me someone in STL can do thermal coating. I'll talk with him tonight and try to get a name. We'll be at Gateway with his super radical 65 Fastback.

Craig

i'm not needing any thermal coating. :smile: I was just replying to a post informing that I have access to powder coater at work, and would be happy to powder coat for free.

Aaron, the place is called JCM. It's located out highway 21. Call Phase II machine shop 314-909-0980 and ask for Todd. He can get you their phone number. Phase II just built a 455 for Electra Jim. By the way, my friend's car went 10.12 at 98 mph letting off last night. We are hoping for 9.0's when we get it tuned and run it all out.

Craig

HyperV6 said:
Aaron, the place is called JCM. It's located out highway 21. Call Phase II machine shop 314-909-0980 and ask for Todd. He can get you their phone number. Phase II just built a 455 for Electra Jim. By the way, my friend's car went 10.12 at 98 mph letting off last night. We are hoping for 9.0's when we get it tuned and run it all out.

Craig

Thanx Craig... i happened to stumble across them on another board. I talked to them (Seems like a real nice guy) - and will be bringing them some stuff in a week or two. Thanx for the reply though. - Hey on another note - where were you Easter Sunday? did you make it to the big car show in Forest Park?

oops, there must be another turbobuick owner in st. loo with same name as me. sorry about that guys.

I missed the Easter show. I had some family stuff this year. I will be at Gateway on Sunday for the KSHE show.

Craig

Back