Thinking about buying a gtp

So what are good dd mods? I've heard the ebay speedaddy headers are good, then I hear they're junk. What's your thoughts on meth injection on a stock car?

The guy is being a douche so I'm not buying this one. Might just end up buying my moms car. Needs some work but I know it hasn't been beat and it doesn't have any rust.

So what are good dd mods? I've heard the ebay speedaddy headers are good, then I hear they're junk. What's your thoughts on meth injection on a stock car?

speed daddys are fine for the price just plan on buying better gaskets and band clamps , slp's and togs are the caddilacs as far as series 2/3 3800's.

best mods for a daily I would go with the combo on a car I had bought and resold a few years ago as far as a few basic mods that just work well together.

it was a 2 door gtp with pacesetter headers , 1.9 modded rockers , thrasher intake , 3.4 pulley , tune , car ran 13.3 on dr's full weight guy i got it from also had a gtp that ran low 12's but this car was his daily and he ran these times not me , I never tracked that particular car... so he took the mods he felt had the most impact , tuned it using the knowledge he gained on his other car and allready understood how to get et's out of the platform so I am sure it was in typical spring/fall hero weather around here , not hard to find -1,000 DA's but this combo should run somewhere in the 13's in reasonable weather with a somewhat knowledgeable driver - most wont see 13.3's out of this combo due to weather/altitude ,driver/platform knowledge but all should enjoy a prety fun daily thats not a big pain in the a$$ to keep reliable

meth injection gets brought up weekly and is always quickly dismissed as not working well on this platform , I would love to see someone with meth and tuning knowledge from the GN crowd give it a real systematic approach and see if its worthwhile or not. There are many running e85 though L67's with fuel pumps and injectors big enough to supply e85 and an owner good enough with a tuner to dial it in always run really strong - mostly turbo guys and twin charged guys (SC and turbo)

Probably will still get a 3800sc car if I find the right one. They get good mpg and I'd like to have abit more room for road trips. I'm sure once the wife gets in one she's gonna like it. She's went through numorous cars and I think she needs something that she feels comfortable driving and can drive every day. Should bring back her spirited driving she had long, LONG ago lol!

A lot of the GTP crowd swears on head and cam swaps. I don't see the point in this without maxing out the stock parts first which I'm sure the stock blower can't do.

meth injection gets brought up weekly and is always quickly dismissed as not working well on this platform , I would love to see someone with meth and tuning knowledge from the GN crowd give it a real systematic approach and see if its worthwhile or not. There are many running e85 though L67's with fuel pumps and injectors big enough to supply e85 and an owner good enough with a tuner to dial it in always run really strong - mostly turbo guys and twin charged guys (SC and turbo)

My buddy runs a series III GTP that he DDs to 12.9 @ 108 and the tranny is stock. It's a compG 05 though so it does have 3.29 gears. I ran my 01 GTP hundreds of times at the track and a different buddy that bough the car from me has nearly 180k on it now with nothing more than a trans cooler and increased line pressure through the tune on all stock internals and the car shifts great.

My 12.9 friend does run alky but he runs it lean @ 12.5:1 AFR but no knock; HP Tuners. I don't think you can run alky on the Gen 3 blowers though on the series II engines; it supposedly delaminates the teflon on the rotors, but the Gen 5 blowers on the series III cars apparently take it well as that's what he uses to get to the 12's with just pump and alky/water mix.

A lot of the GTP crowd swears on head and cam swaps. I don't see the point in this without maxing out the stock parts first which I'm sure the stock blower can't do.

any platform can make more power with head & cam upgrades , 3800 s2/3 is no different but if your goals are low 13,s or even high 12's an intercooler , headers , rockers , tune , supporting mods will get you there.

any time your touching the internals the chance for mistakes that cost you an engine go up plus the cost of gaskets and fasteners since head bolts are torque to yield and the expense of the heads and cam.... personally I love the bang for the buck daily driver a w body can provide in that 13.0 ish area but when you build the engine to the point your doing heads and cam now you really should address the transmission now your probably looking at spending 6 grand to get the car low 12's high 11's and finding traction is a bitch. For $6,000 plus cost of the car theres a lot of more conventional routes to going those speeds- I have 3 ls1 f bodies that I paid $3,000 and change for each with bolt ons , suspension ,etc... in place , one of which I watched go 11.9 a few months before I bought it - everyone is scared of high miles I am not that is where the best values are.

now if your looking to go 10's or even 9's there could almost be a case made for doing it with the w body financially , to not go into a big explanation you stop driveline mods going front to back before passing the shifter and your never going to be pulling wheelies and 1.4 60 foots so you dont need to spend thousands on frame connectors ,suspension etc... and no $3000 rear end/driveshaft , spend all that money on making power and building a bulletproof trans , the car is always going to go straight , never going to twist , shouldnt ever lose traction at half track and kiss the wall basically the drivetrain sits secure in the rugged front subframe and the rest of the car just tags along. but in the end its still a fwd and not many will understand why you chose that route because its not common