You can type here any text you want

Thinking of selling my 87 GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gnguy

Just wondering what everyone thinks I can get for it. The reason I'm selling would be to get a hardtop car. I just don't like T-tops. The mods are in my signature. I've had the seats recovered with matching upper door panels as well. It does drip oil from the timing chain cover. Car was repainted June 2009 and rearend was rebuilt Feb. 2009 and Moser axels were installed then. My other option is parting it out, I'd kinda like to avoid that. I've got a figure in mind as to what I'd want but I thought I'd get everyone's opionion. Here's some pics...

GrandNationalOct242009032.jpg

GrandNationalOct242009033.jpg

GrandNationalOct242009034.jpg

If you want opinions on a value I can move the thread to the lounge, and then when you determine what you wanna ask for it we can repost it here if you wish.

Otherwise you say you have an idea on what you want for it, so just post away.

Thanks in advance!

Ty

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/299075-price-must-posted-when-selling-car.html

I'd like to get somewhere around $15000.00 if anyone would think it's worth that. As far as mileage goes, it has around 170k or so. The motor has not been opened. However, it doesn't smoke or rattle and the compression is at 120lbs. on all cylinders.

"I'd like to get somewhere around $15000.00 if anyone would think it's worth that. As far as mileage goes, it has around 170k or so. The motor has not been opened. However, it doesn't smoke or rattle and the compression is at 120lbs. on all cylinders."

I would consider getting a flame retardent suit asap.

You have a nice looking car and I'm sure the mods and paint costed You. Right now, our cars are down in value...considerably down. Your mileage is high however it makes a difference to know what was done before painting (any rust issues fixed, any rust still present and hidden). And you had mentioned "motor never opened" so obviously a rebuild will be in the forseeable future realistically. My honest opinion? $9000, and I mean nothing offensive at all w/ that number, just trying to help you w/ a "market gauge" right now...I've lost $$ on cars in the last few years myself. Good luck, new paint really helps.

Yeah, I've done a parts/value list of what the car has in it and I'm up to $12000 on just the parts I can think of. I'm not counting all the sensors and relays and other odds and ends. The reason I say around $15000 is because that is flexible and the reason I say around 170,000 miles is because my speedo cable was accidentally unplugged or broken when I was installing the vacuum brakes a few months ago. At that time the car had 166,000 miles on it. As far as a rebuild goes, I don't really see it. The car was purchased with 0 mods done to it and was bone stock. It had a long history of military owners that moved around the country so it had a lot of highway miles. There is NO rust on the car anywhere. The car came from California to Florida about 3 years ago. Then I bought it from a guy in the Marines in Jan of 2009. That's when I started all the mods and repaint. When I had it painted, we stripped it down to the metal and I have pics to prove it. The guy that painted it didn't do all that good of a job in my opinion. That was a bad time in my life dealing with the paint guy. It could use another wet sand and buff in my opinion. Hope this answered a few more questions.

Back