You can type here any text you want

This stuff worth anything?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jcj53115

Well i recently came across and bunch of carb'd turbo 3.8 parts, including several intake manifolds, stock turbos, adapter plates from intake to carb, complete air boxes from carb to air filter housing.

Theres roughly 3-4 of each of these. Now they're not in the greatest of shape as I recently found them all at a local salvage yard that I used to work at. This stuff has been sitting inside a shed hidden for the past 15+ years. just curious if its anything worth grabbing to try and make a few $$$ on as Im sure i can get it all for nearly nothing

I would try ebay to get the best prices

Is it something thats even worth messing with tho value wise? What could a guy expect to get outta stuff like this? I've sold ALOT of stuff on E-bay but try to stay away from selling low valued items due to the fact that E-bay is just a hassle IMO

I've seen those air boxes start at $30.00 and sell as high as $65.00 on eBay. Same with the turbos. The plenums are low-ball and should sell as a package with the turbo. Intakes for about the same.

All are around the mid-range area as far as pricing goes. Nothing near the $100.00 mark. Besides, you did say they were'nt in the best of shape. Either way you will get bidding on them.

I've purchased an airbox for $30.00 w/shipping, turbo and plenum for $45.00 w/o shipping. Typical scrapeyard stuff so they were'nt even clean but in good usable condition. There's people on this board, (carbed-turbo), that are always looking for stuff.

Post pics dude. If you get 'em for free you'll still make some green-backs I think. :cool:

That stuff will always have a value. Especially for someone putting one back
to stock or restoring one. A buick specific swap meet like in Bowling Green in May could possibly be a good place to sell your stuff.

Hi, I would like to know if the air cleaner and knock controler are avalible from this pile. Any help is more than appreciated.

Well i recently came across and bunch of carb'd turbo 3.8 parts, including several intake manifolds, stock turbos, adapter plates from intake to carb, complete air boxes from carb to air filter housing.

Theres roughly 3-4 of each of these. Now they're not in the greatest of shape as I recently found them all at a local salvage yard that I used to work at. This stuff has been sitting inside a shed hidden for the past 15+ years. just curious if its anything worth grabbing to try and make a few $$$ on as Im sure i can get it all for nearly nothing
I would like to know if the air cleaner and knock controller is available from the described pile. Any help will be more than appreciated. Thanks.

I'd be interested in a wastegate and actuator for my 83. Some one put an 81 turbo on it unfortunaly.

Back