You can type here any text you want

This weekend was a busy weekend...56K WARNING!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo1dr

9 Sec Wanna-Be
This weekend I:

Washed the car
Waxed it
Vacuumed it
Cleaned all the small creveses in the interior ie: vents, speaker grills, dash plaque...etc.
Cleaned inside the door jambs
Lubed all the rubber around the doors and trunk lid
Polished the exhaust tips
Painted the lock cylinders black again
Painted the head lamp bezels black but not the entire part (see pics)
Painted the license plate surround black again(need another one)
Pulled all four rims off and polished the rims and center caps
Removed the front calipers and cleaned the caliper slides (was stiff)
Painted frame black on the sides where it can be seen from the sides of the car and through the wheel wells.
Worked on some squeeks and rattles
Removed hood and painted the rear section of the cowl induction black so I won't be looking at a bunch of black holes drilled in yellow paint. (Should've done that looong ago)
Filled up my dual fuel system tank with 114 race gas... $37 for 5 gallons. The good thing is it will last me for about 6 months!
Opened up a can of worms when I removed the gauges to install a low fuel warning module only to find it couldn't work with the original circuit board. Then when I put it back together the alternator wouldn't charge because there was a bad connection. Took it back out and cleaned all the terminals and tryed again....it worked but now the turn signal indicator on the right side didn't work...pulled it back out and replaced the socket and finally got it back together with everything working again....whew.

Still on the "To do" list:
Spray oil under the trunk lid at the back of the trunk. Keeps rust from forming.
Spray oil unside the door shells (again to help rusting)
Spray oil inside all the other panels that I can't reach or clean.
Fix an annoying vibration when the A/C is turned on when the engine reaches about 1200 rpm.

At a later date I need to:
Fabricate a transmission cooler scoop to help air flow through it.
Install a hood insulator
Clean the engine compartment better. Hard to keep clean when you drive it all the time.

april-27-2008%20(105).JPG

april-27-2008%20(2).JPG

april-27-2008%20(16).JPG

april-27-2008%20(63).JPG

april-27-2008%20(19).JPG

april-27-2008%20(7).JPG

april-27-2008%20(26).JPG

april-27-2008%20(76).JPG

april-27-2008%20(101).JPG

april-27-2008%20(80).JPG

Thanks!

Korey, looks like Pat would have came down to help me so I could see his new Syclone. We could've ran it at the track while he was here.:D

Love your car!! Please add me to the list that would love to own it one day!! :)

I'm not a huge fan of G body Malibus but I will admit I like yours, especially since you decided to do something different. I'm sure everyone on maliburacing.com is envious.

Hey man, whats the scoop on those lower door panels? They look like severely extended CSII's........... whats in there??? :)

CAR LOOKS GREAT

Back