Those stupid little clips that hold the linkage on

blackbuick87

The clips that hold the throttle cables to the tb.

Where does one find replacements for these?

I have roach clips holding everything together right now:D

I bought a dozen or so for about $0.10 each at a GM dealer a couple of years ago. They work great for the wastegate rod as well, so I wanted spares.

Go to the junk yard they are on mid to late 80's fuel injected cars. Just take them off and go.

I think they call them D clips? Anyway autozone, advance, etc should carry them in a variety pack of different sizes. Yes, they are much better to use for the wastegate rod than the standard c clip-much easier to remove without breaking.

My local Chevy dealer just gave me about 5 of those clips – absolutely identical to original 87 GN clips.

Must still be in use on newer cars.

Parts guy said it was too much trouble to look up part # and print an invoice, nice of him.

As pointed out, it makes a good replacement for the stock wastegate rod clip, it goes flying off when you remove the stock clip.

My local father and son garage had a whole drawer full of them as well. Might want to stop in the local repair shop if Pep Boys has an empty drawer for that popular size. ;)

Originally posted by blackbuick87
The clips that hold the throttle cables to the tb.

Where does one find replacements for these?

I have roach clips holding everything together right now:D

wow and i thought i was the only one...LOL

i too have roach clips holding things together including the throttle linkage...i dropped mine in the motor somewhere sometime ago...i also use a roach clip for the wastegate rod of course like most people...

GM part number is 15567924. Identical to the originals but now the are plated in yellow zinc instead of zinc phosphate. Paint them black if you are going for that 100 point concours show car look. Eric Fisher

Huh?

Can you guys tell me what a "Roach Clip" is?:confused: Ooohhh:eek: I have one of those on my wastegate also:D Didn't know it was used for that;)