You can type here any text you want

Those w 98-05 Blazer Disc conver. step in side plz..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
I was just curious on how different the caliper mounts up?? Very diff than stock? Is it possible to just use the s10 caliper w GN stock set up?? Can anyone give me the part # on the caliper also... Tia in advance... Psycho 6...

I dont have it, but from what I have read all over the boards, you get the whole setup off the s-10 the calipers, spindle, rotors, everything.
Its all supposed to be direct bolt on, and only an adapter for the brake line is needed.

I have this setup on mine. Huge improvement. They came with the spindle, caliper and rotor and bolted right on using Earls braided brake lines.

CS99,

Have you noticed any additional drag on the front wheels? After driving around, could you jack up the car and see if the front wheels drag on the brakes?

Thanks in advance!

Ive done the swap too. Awesome upgrade for low bucks. there is some drag, If i spin my front wheels pretty hard, I cant get but 1/2 a turn. Leeo Thompson did the swap on his car too and noticed it. But I believe his Master cylinder turned out to be bad. He said if you power bleed the front brakes with the cap on, and dont add much more fluid, it would pull a vacuum and the caliper would release a little bit and there wouldnt be that much drag. he said it did help.

Jason

Ive done the swap too. Awesome upgrade for low bucks. there is some drag, If i spin my front wheels pretty hard, I cant get but 1/2 a turn. Leeo Thompson did the swap on his car too and noticed it. But I believe his Master cylinder turned out to be bad. He said if you power bleed the front brakes with the cap on, and dont add much more fluid, it would pull a vacuum and the caliper would release a little bit and there wouldnt be that much drag. he said it did help.

Jason

Jason,

That is exactly why I asked. Lee built my transmission (awesome tranny BTW) and he had mentioned that when he did his. I'd like to upgrade mine, but wanted to see if if it was a common problem with the blazer brakes. If there is a little bit of drag with the brakes cool, imagine how they would be after warming up. Lee had posted a while back about this, but I didn't see a response.

Thanks

Your welcome! He built my tranny too and its bad to the bone! Ive been running my brakes for a while, and theres no problems with them at all.

I have some drag on the front brakes but not anything to worry about. I have had them for about a year with no problems.

Your welcome! He built my tranny too and its bad to the bone! Ive been running my brakes for a while, and theres no problems with them at all.

I have some drag on the front brakes but not anything to worry about. I have had them for about a year with no problems.

Good to hear that. Just wonder about the miniml brake drag. My car isn't an all out race car. Just wonder how much MPH they could be costing in the 1/4 when heated up? Gas mileage being lost, that sort of stuff.

Take care,
John

The drag is from the crappy seal hub and bearing design hubs. Those parts are prone to wearing out rather quickly. Start saving to replace them.

Hubs

The drag is from the crappy seal hub and bearing design hubs. Those parts are prone to wearing out rather quickly. Start saving to replace them.

Don't ? that they are prone to go bad but, that is not my problem as I can take a screwdriver and push pads away from rotors and wheel spins freely. Therefore I know the bearings are GOOD for now. I am having trouble with the brake pedal not returning all the way. It is OK with eng. not running but as soon as I start eng. and apply brakes they drag once the pedal is released. I am currently working on solving this problem. Will post back when whipped.

Don't ? that they are prone to go bad but, that is not my problem as I can take a screwdriver and push pads away from rotors and wheel spins freely. Therefore I know the bearings are GOOD for now. I am having trouble with the brake pedal not returning all the way. It is OK with eng. not running but as soon as I start eng. and apply brakes they drag once the pedal is released. I am currently working on solving this problem. Will post back when whipped.

Is this a problem with ALL the s10 brake swaps?

Also, any way to really tell if the hub bearings are bad on the donor truck?

Is this brake drag issue the same with pm and vacuum brakes?

If any one is looking for a set of these i have a set of 2 inch drop spindles for 98-05 blazer with good wheel bearings and dual piston calipers. I believe the spindles are bell-tech.

Back