You can type here any text you want

Thrasher 93 chip boost???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Missouri T

I bought my Thrasher new here in town and it came with NO paperwork or anything.

I'm thrilled to death with it's performance BUT I'd love to know what boost it's SUPPOSED to produce.
The previous owner of my car said he set the boost "conservatively" to preserve the new engine, back when it had the ATR Pit Bull.

Well, I am presently getting 15 lbs. at WOT.
That sounds low but I wanted to ask the Thrasher gurus around here.

Yes, I do have an adjustable wastegate.

MY FUEL? I run a mix of 4 gallons 110 octane leaded to every tankful of 93 so knock is non-existent even in this heat.
Thus, more boost should be NO problem.

Speaking of boost, I am not looking for all-out stupid boost, I just want to know what boost a Thrasher is "supposed" to have.

Thrasher has some tech info on their site but no specifics or downloadable information, mostly Q and A's.

Thanks for any info, links, etc. you can provide.
Bill

With the stock wastegate actuator I get 22lbs of boost in 1st that drops back then 2nd and 3rd drop back more. 0 knock with Xylene homebrew@45psi fuel pressure.

WHEW!

22 lbs.?
Now THAT is impressive.

When you say "drop back" do you mean it spikes quickly then comes to rest at a number? Like 15-19 lbs. for example?
That is what mine does.
It'll hit around 18-20 lbs. spike then immediately drop to 15 lbs. for the rest of the "run".

The problem with the Thrasher is the overshoot on the boost because it uses a large duty cycle on the waste gate solenoid rather than progressively ramp it up. My waste gate is adjustable and I used to get 19 psi in 1st after a spike of 21-22psi. Once its on the floor the boost stays steady. Second gear was lower and third gear lower still at about 16 psi.

AHA!

That's the first time I've heard the wastegate solenoid idea.
Interesting. Makes sense.

I will adjust my wastegate either today or in the coming days.
With the race gas, the "sky should be the limit" on boost so 19 psi should be NO problem. :)

I will slowly ramp it up from the 15 it has now.

I was told it should "tickle the knock sensor" at max power.

Back