You can type here any text you want

throttle stop screw

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MCH86GN

I'm pretty sure that there isn't an aftermarket part available replacement, has anyone ever found a part to replace this.

I'm also going to post in parts wanted section. Although Dennis Kirban gave me one and I bought another only to "lose" both of them. I believe my wife threw them in the garbage, not knowing what they were.

Just find a screw that will thread in there and a spring to keep tension on it.

Just find a screw that will thread in there and a spring to keep tension on it.
Too much work. I'll take the tb to a local hardware store and see if I can find something close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wut? You say too much work and then in the next sentence describe doing exactly what I suggested. I'm sorry I can't tell you what the thread pitch is but I'm pretty damned sure it's metric, IIRC. It's nothing special and I got mine from the harware store.

Attachments

• 20160311_211254.jpg
    20160311_211254.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 170
Wut? You say too much work and then in the next sentence describe doing exactly what I suggested. I'm sorry I can't tell you what the thread pitch is but I'm pretty damned sure it's metric, IIRC. It's nothing special and I got mine from the harware store.
Thanks for the pic. Of course of kidding about too much work. Owning a Grand National may be priceless, but it is also a labor of love. Now with the weather warming, I need to pull my trans and ship it and to try my A/C.

Last edited:
I have just got to ask.

How does this screw manage to get the threads stripped or the screw get lost?

I have never had to adjust it, in or out more than a couple of turns at the most and never had to take it completely out. In the past 19 years or so after replacing the IAC.

I have just got to ask.

How does this screw manage to get the threads stripped or the screw get lost?

I have never had to adjust it, in or out more than a couple of turns at the most and never had to take it completely out. In the past 19 years or so after replacing the IAC.
Screw threads aren't stripped, the head of screw is stripped. Not using a light and the proper tool stripped. I had to replace my iac and during the process of resetting it and trying to adjust it, the heads started stripping to the point I had to use pliers to turn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I turn mine with a star bit in a 1/4" socket

I bought the Kenne Bell 70mm tb 19 years ago. Not sure who made them but it has a single slot screw head for adjustments and i just use a dime to turn it with. (y)

I just walked outside with some calipers... It looks to be 5mmX23mm long. No idea why it's 23?? 20 will most likely coil bind the spring if the IAC counts run a little high.

I've got some SS 30's here I use on LT1/LS1 MAFs but they'd probably need a couple washers so the spring could do it's job. On the upside there'll be more to grab with the pliers! Looks like a 25mm will still let the spring do it's job.

Now that I know what size it is, I might just add it to my upper plenum bolt kits... You need one of those? You can get your wife to buy it for you since today is ''Steak and Blowjob day''. LOL

I just walked outside with some calipers... It looks to be 5mmX23mm long. No idea why it's 23?? 20 will most likely coil bind the spring if the IAC counts run a little high.

I've got some SS 30's here I use on LT1/LS1 MAFs but they'd probably need a couple washers so the spring could do it's job. On the upside there'll be more to grab with the pliers! Looks like a 25mm will still let the spring do it's job.

Now that I know what size it is, I might just add it to my upper plenum bolt kits... You need one of those? You can get your wife to buy it for you since today is ''Steak and Blowjob day''. LOL
Probably should get an upper plenum bolt kit. 3 of the them are aftermarket, a matching set would be nice.

I found some 25mm bolts that should work perfect for you. Plus, they're stainless so they'll put up with vice-grips better than the stocker :)

I'll shoot you a PM about the kit.

Back