You can type here any text you want

Thumps up to GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Z28

i was in my 95' Z28 camaro rolling long and a GN passed by.. thinking to myself i thought i could take hm.. irun 12.3 and had my slicks on...BOY WAS I WORNG:( ... i was toying with him guning it then slowing guning i then slowing... when we hit a stop light he started to Rev. so i Rev. back... when that light hit green i got the back of the tail lights the hol way down.. he bet me by at less 2 car legths at 140 mph... :mad: i was pretty pissed but hey got to lose some time..

It just comes to show ya that just about all the GN's look the same but they all perform differently. It's a roll of the dice when you encounter one sometimes. At least you were cool about it and not talking crap like some people would. 12.3 is still very stout for a F-body. Maybe you'll get em next time. :cool:

What is on that Z to run 12.3? My buddy wants one with an LT1, I am curious to see what you have.

Thats the cool thing about TR's. Almost impossible for an outsider to tell the difference between a 10 sec car or a 12 sec car:cool:

im not runin a LT-1 block i got the LS-1 in her.. i got fr rear end a 9" 3.27..holley hood scope intake, Edlebrock Cam prformer RPM, holley carb.400 cfm, Lunati conecting rods, Raven Crank, Edelbrock Heads (9.25), pistons, and eletrical system and everthing is basiclly stock.... i think i should go faste but im not i guess cuz it is a camaro..lol and not a GN

Sounds like a real nice setup you got there. Its definately hard to estimate what any given Gn will run. Hell its hard for me to predict when I see others at the track and such. But if your running a 12.3, you had to go for it.:)

LS1 with a carb! You have some fab skills my friend(not doubting you). How on earth did you get the ecm to control the timing and such? I would definately have to raise a flag for two things;

1.Either you don't know the engine designation or you are trying to pull one over on us v6 guys.(LS1's accept no conventional parts. i.e. Carbed intakes distributors and such.)

2. I know of know GN guys who street race their car to 140mph(just isn't safe to run the g-body up that high, most let out of it after they stomp you too 100mph or so.)

But hey good crack at it. Look forward to hearing the next story about the 95Z with LS1 heads an LT4 cam and all the bells and whistles. Take none of this seriously(life that is)

I also was a bit surprised at 140 mph.....When drag racing on the street, once you get to 115mph, my GN requires "All Hands On Deck" to keep her straight...and to keep my heart inside my chest...I think an F car could do 140 on the street, given enough time. But a 'G'??

I know mine will. I just had to take into account the low posts and the insanity of the thread.........

But then again I am insane so it should fit me, but alas I fell of the truck two days ago not yesterday.....

and to add to the carb thing...wouldnt a 400 cfm carb be TINY?
i thought the average upgrade carb for a muscle car would be like an 800cfm or so?????

That thing couldnt get out of its own way with a 400cfm carb. I dont believe Edelbroack makes a performer RPM cam for an LS1 either. Raven could be a crank manufacturer but I have never seen them in CHP every month.

Looks like we have the Tony Baloni of F bodies:rolleyes:

LS1 my A$$. BS....

Originally posted by Mr. Z28
im not runin a LT-1 block i got the LS-1 in her.. i got fr rear end a 9" 3.27..holley hood scope intake, Edlebrock Cam prformer RPM, holley carb.400 cfm, Lunati conecting rods, Raven Crank, Edelbrock Heads (9.25), pistons, and eletrical system and everthing is basiclly stock.... i think i should go faste but im not i guess cuz it is a camaro..lol and not a GN

This is BS. Total, 100% BS!!!

Edelbrock does not make heads for LS1s (actually, nobody makes aftermarket LS1 head castings...all heads/cam LS1s have stock castings that are ported/polished). There are no Performer RPM setups for LS1s. You do not have a carb on your LS1, because if you did you would not be able to use an LS1 wiring harness (you said it was a stock eletrical system). You would need to have a fully custom fabbed ignition system with a stand-alone computer if it had a carb, among other things. Also, I know of NO ONE that makes a carb intake that will bolt to an LS1 block.

Actually, I'm not going to keep wasting my time listing all the stuff you'd need because you DON'T HAVE IT. Sorry, I'm calling your BS. Wanna try some more? I'll prove you wrong don't worry. You are on here making the LS1 community look bad with this BS lying.

Go get em. I couldn't point out it all, but knew it was a little fishy. I do believe we have a troll>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Originally posted by jdodman
I also was a bit surprised at 140 mph.....When drag racing on the street, once you get to 115mph, my GN requires "All Hands On Deck" to keep her straight...and to keep my heart inside my chest...I think an F car could do 140 on the street, given enough time. But a 'G'??
That's what's so nice about the TTA. At 130+ (where I've been) it's still not a problem. It's just that the little dips in the road feel like you're bottoming out in the Grand Canyon.

I honestly can't believe that this "Mr Z28" guy would come on here and spread this crap. You'd think he'd at least hit an LS1 or LT1 board first for some reading to actually make his story sound real with a few possible combos to post about. I can't believe that anyone would come up with stuff like he did. I'd be surprised if he was even 16. :rolleyes:

Now that I have a little more time to write I'll break down the lies one by one.

"i got fr rear end a 9" 3.27"
What is this? Were you trying to say FORD rear end? Nobody puts a 3.27 gear in a 9" for an LS1. 3.27 gears are for those Ausse 9-bolts that were stock in the late '80s TPI cars. Most that take the time/spend the money to put a 9" rear in an F-body get at least 3.73 gears. They come stock with a 3.23 option (2.73 standard) in autos and 3.42 in a 6-speed. Going to a 3.27 from those ratios makes no sense.

"..holley hood scope intake"
What's this even mean?

"Edlebrock Cam prformer RPM"
No Performer RPM kits exist for LS1s.

"holley carb.400 cfm"
Who would buy a 400cfm carb for a 346ci V8? Furthermore, I don't know of anyone that makes a carb intake that will bolt to LS1 heads/block.

"Edelbrock Heads (9.25)"
Again, these do not exist. No aftermarket head castings for LS1s. Edelbrock does not even machine stock LS1 heads. They have no LS1 head packages.

"eletrical system and everthing is basiclly stock"
So you're saying that you took a '95 (original LT1 car with OBDI) and converted it to an OBDII SEFI motor with coil-on-cylinder ignition and then converted it to a carb setup with a stock LT1 PCM and stock wiring harness (you did say the car was a '95, so you didn't even start with an LS1 harness/PCM to begin with). That is not only impossible, it just sounds stupid.

".... i think i should go faste but im not i guess cuz it is a camaro..lol and not a GN"
The reason you're not going fast is cause this car is obviously a dream car, because that's the only place it could exist with that setup...IN YOUR DREAMS

Don't try and BS about LS1 stuff to me. I've had my hand in setting up quite a few of them in my club including my own. Everything from heads/cam packages, to blower and N2O setups, to custom tuning, tranny setups, full exhaust systems, suspension upgrades, etc. I've done A LOT with LS1s so you're not gonna be able to BS me any.

Sorry if it looks like I'm coming on too hard here guys...I just hate when posers like this guy make us LS1ers look bad by posting stuff like this on other car boards.

After he posted his mods, I was like 3.27 gears :confused: :confused: Those are for highway and not really track unless he's putting out some serious hp to get a 12.3. But I knew a 400 on a LS1 was total bs. How stupid do you think we are dude?

I take offense to that, my 3.27's do just fine in the 1/4. I'm sure with a set of 3.45's I'd have tire spin half the track. There are guys with TTA's going low 11's with 3.27's. 2.77's are highway gears.

I don't even think the 9in. came with 3.27's. I know the 8.8 did in the rustangs. Maybe he has a cross ram intake with a 400 cfm on each side:confused:

No way in hell that is a carbed LS1. Agree with other posts above- this post is just nuts. Anyway, another LS1 person speaking up to protect our community from idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back