Thunder Valley Nationals - WOW!!

hwfstru

I went to my first NHRA event yesterday with a friend of mine and all I have to say is it was amazing. Nick Peterson and I drove to Bristol, TN. yesterday morning to watch the second day of this event which was the 2nd and 3rd round of eliminations for the top fuel, funny car and pro stock. It was a great event we saw all the big names; Force, Bernstien, Kalleta, and even Dean Skuza:p . We had a blast, we were walking through the vender setup in the pits and as we walked around the corner of the K&N tent we were almost run over with a motor scooter, kind of mad til I looked around and saw who was driving it, John Force, after that it was kind of cool. Good seats at a great event at one hell of a track, every thing was great til the ran rolled in at 4:00. It had been cloudy all day but it didn't rain until that evening so atleast it held out that long. I had a great time and will definately do it again next year.

BRISTOL INTERNATIONAL DRAGWAY

There is not a better Dragstrip, or better facilities, or nicer people on the planet...than Bristol.

Not having the BOP/Buicks-At-Bristol event planned for this year is a VERY grave loss.

(Might be time to consider moving the GSCA event from BG to Bristol)

I will agree, it is a shame that we will not be having a Buick event at Bristol this year. I realize the Buicks at Bristol events in the past were no Bowling Green and I don't understand why it couldn't have been. Bristol is one of the nicest tracks in the country and why these events failed I will never know, I have hope for the futrue though. I would love to see a major event come to Bristol.