You can type here any text you want

tie rod sleeve bolts hitting frame

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

greeneyegi

got under my ride to look around today, and saw a scrub mark on my frame:eek:the driver side tie rod sleeve bolts have been rubbing on it, right in front of the lower cuntrol arm bolt. my question is should the bolts clear no matter where they are adjusted or turned to:confused: maybe my center link is bent? ive got baer 4 wheel disk brakes, gm-b body spindles, 13" disc in front , eibach lowering springs,17x8.5in wheels.its not slammed but a little lower.

Attachments

• 06-06-10 090.jpg
    06-06-10 090.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 95
got under my ride to look around today, and saw a scrub mark on my frame:eek:the driver side tie rod sleeve bolts have been rubbing on it, right in front of the lower cuntrol arm bolt. my question is should the bolts clear no matter where they are adjusted or turned to:confused: maybe my center link is bent? ive got baer 4 wheel disk brakes, gm-b body spindles, 13" disc in front , eibach lowering springs,17x8.5in wheels.its not slammed but a little lower.

Yes, the clamp bolts are supposed to be in the area of about 8:30 through 5:00 o'clock. This is toward the front/bottom looking at it from the side. Will need to turn the clamps so that the are in the correct position.

The o'clock numbers above are not exact, but in the ballpark. This is from experience with GM's where I've had the same issue. It can actually bend the tie rods to the point a re-alignment is required.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Back