You can type here any text you want

Time Bomb

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ed Valvo

Stock engine with normal bolt ons and high boost. Ticking time bomb? :eek:

Attachments

• EDGN529LOCKED.JPG
    EDGN529LOCKED.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 375
Yeah, injectors went static before 4000 RPM. I didn't know how lean it was until we analyzed the data after the run. My 02's were not that low which proved to me that the stock 02 sensors are not the most accurate tool to tune with. :mad:

New combo now has 60# injectors which are probably still on the small side however I will not be turning it up as much.

Is this Ed that I met at Pleasanton Goodguys show?
Wow! Your car looks so close to stock to be putting out those numbers.
Happy New Years!
Jason

Was that with the stock cam? I assume you had some good fuel in it or else it wouldnt survive that AFR on pump and alky.

How high was the boost?
BW

Yeah, injectors went static before 4000 RPM. I didn't know how lean it was until we analyzed the data after the run. My 02's were not that low which proved to me that the stock 02 sensors are not the most accurate tool to tune with. :mad:

New combo now has 60# injectors which are probably still on the small side however I will not be turning it up as much.

Considering how heavy the car is and the power you are making I'm surprised it stayed together on the 50's!:eek: That is a lot of power from a stock longblock!:cool:

Hi Jason, yup, that's me.

Yes stock cam. That's why the powerband is so low in the RPM range. Peaks out around 4500 RPM. Regardless where is peaked at, I was happy to see it was a pretty flat curve and didn't drop like a rock. From my experience, bigger cams typically have equal or less TQ than HP numbers however the powerband is much higher.

50's went static real early. I overly compensated on the fueling to be safe. As you can see, the thing was richer than 10:1 in the beginning then leaned out from there on. Injectors were wide open before 4000 RPM. :eek:

Here is the interesting part... This run was made with the converter locked. When unlocked, it made around 50 HP less.

Fuel was C-16.

Im doing the same thing you are. I have a stock long block with all bolt on's. Im going to see how fast I can get it to go. See sig below. The only thing i've done to the long block is new timing chain and valve springs. I will let you know when I get some times on it.

Good luck with yours.

Hi Chris,
It spiked a hair over 30 at first and settled around 28-29 PSI. T64E turbo. Due to the high boost, timing was only 21 degrees. Turbo is same as yours internally. If I can find the vid, I'll try to post it if anyone wants me to.

Note of caution, do not run the same tune on the strip. The dyno and the track have different loads and fueling requirements. The track requires more fuel. I learned this the hard way.. :mad:

Get the fueling resolved, tune for no knock and i think it will live no problem. Should run in the 10's. Very nice.

Back