You can type here any text you want

Tiny dent in door

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
image.jpg
i have a small dent in door, nothing is creased at all. When the sun hits it it pisses me off because I can see it. Has anyone had good luck with a suction type tool from an off store like harbor freight, Walmart etc.... should not take much. I know people are probably like WTF, but I'm a bit anal and I see it. It is where the reflection is distorted. So very minor

Since you are in TX there are hundreds of paintless dent removal companies who repair hail damage. Look up one with a good review (Yelp maybe) and see if they are willing to take a look at it. It looks like the dent may be behind the crash beam in the door and that could be a problem to access. Never hurts to let someone look though.

I appreciate it. Not sure if it's that serious though. I was towing the car with a U haul trailer and did not know the wheel covers of the haul folded down....I was inside the car after loading it on and forgot that they were there then.....whack--distortion. Talk about someone pissed off! I'll look into that though

Find a reputable dent guy near you. And I do mean reputable. Lots of hacks out there but lots of good techs too if you look around. Do not attempt it yourself.

DON'T try it yourself. You'll just end up putting two more dents in the door, even if you get the original one out.

Get a good PDR (paintless dent repair) guy to fix it for you, he will be able to go up through one of the weep holes in the bottom of the door to get at it. If he tells you he needs to drill a hole in the side of the door, find another PDR guy, there's no reason a competent PDR guy would need to drill to get to that dent.

Figure the cost to be $75 -$100.

Where in TX are you?

Let the sun heat up the dent & then use an ice cube in the center to cool the dent.

Sometimes it works.

Back