You can type here any text you want

tires for street

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Walker

Tommy2Tone
I know most recommend drag radials on the street, but I need some
275-50 x 15 radials that will stick for normal driving. Don't wanna give up driving turbo because my BFGDRs hydro in the rain. My general XP2000s are hard as a rock and can't handle 12-15# of boost. All recomendations considered. Thanx, Tom

Tires

I'll put in a vote for some BFG G-Force T/A KDWS. They seem to hook pretty decent for street tires. They hook every bit as good as some worn out drag radials I had on it before I got them. I can launch on 1-2 psi on the street w/o a burnout on a stock suspension/engine car. Maybe someone else has had similar experience with them and can chime in.

HTH

I have had 2 sets of these on my car. They hook better than BFG drag radials that i use to have on the street!!! I HIGHLY recommend considering these. You will have NO trouble in the rain with these either!
falken 451 tires

451s

thanks for the heads up, may try the BFGs, but the tires need to be 15". Any more good recommendations?

Blazer406 said:
I'll put in a vote for some BFG G-Force T/A KDWS.

I've been running them, and they're the best of the BFGs, IMO. Much better then the Kumhos (sp?).

Tom Walker said:
thanks for the heads up, may try the BFGs, but the tires need to be 15". Any more good recommendations?

I checked Jegs.... they only had a few sizes... all were for 16" or larger...... dunno if that is the only sizes available..... that sucks if that is it...... cause they are awesome tires.... IMHO....everyone needs an opportunity to try them....

For a driver that may see rain but still needs decent traction I like the Nittos. They hook better than regular radials but are no match for MT DRs. Im not impressed with the traction of the BFG DRs and they really suck in the rain. I have had all 3 and I just got my second pair of Mickey Thompsons. I dont drive my current car in the rain so the MTs work real nice.

Back