You can type here any text you want

toasted trans/ rebuilding motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BBCturbo

as title says toasted tranny, so i'm going to rebuild motor too. its completly stock w/te44, 3" dp, 42's, adj fuel reg, walbro 340 hot wired, & scanmaster 2.1. it's a 87 and i've only owned the car for about 8 months. rebuild will include putting billet caps on bottom end, i've accuired a set of stock irons cnc ported w/ big valve, going to port intake & throttle body , 212 roller, going to around 80lb inj, keeping stock crank w/ scat rods & a good set of forged pistons. going to run te44 for now. converter will be picked according to my final turbo size. car is a daily driver/weekend warrior. mostly 8th mile tracks around here with beech bend being closest 1/4 mile. would like solid 6.50 car in 8th which would be mid 1o's in 1/4. i guess big question is what is the best turbo. been looking at 6265 but i have master power 70 w/96 exhaust housing laying in shop that i was going to use on a ls motor. can i use the 70 and change exhaust housing to an 81 with about a 3600 stall. what do you guys think and i know i'll have to do a litte fab work with mp70, that's not a problem. thanks Ben

Since I have run 10.0 index class [6.50 in the 1/8th mile] successfully for a few years, I will give you my opinion on a few items.

The 70mm turbo is what I run, but you will want a smaller housing than a 81 for quicker spooling and low end torque for the 1/8th mile.

Your converter choice is about 1000 RPM short for a good leave off the line against a big-block V-8.

The 212 roller would not be my choice as you need the higher RPM to be competitive.

With this type setup, you should be able to get 1.35 60's on drag radials if your suspension is done properly.

Of course your current fuel system will need to be upgraded for your desired level of performance.

Remember, going fast, especially in competition, is NOT cheap!

Since I have run 10.0 index class [6.50 in the 1/8th mile] successfully for a few years, I will give you my opinion on a few items.

The 70mm turbo is what I run, but you will want a smaller housing than a 81 for quicker spooling and low end torque for the 1/8th mile.

Your converter choice is about 1000 RPM short for a good leave off the line against a big-block V-8.

The 212 roller would not be my choice as you need the higher RPM to be competitive.

With this type setup, you should be able to get 1.35 60's on drag radials if your suspension is done properly.

Of course your current fuel system will need to be upgraded for your desired level of performance.

Remember, going fast, especially in competition, is NOT cheap!
nick, i know the fuel system will need to be upgraded & needs susp work. thats all already in the works. if not an 81 what would you suggest on the housing and also your cam thoughts. i'm also putting either fast xfi on it or the holley hp standalone.

Back