Top Speed

130 Plus in third gear in my T Type with the TSM Motor.
150 Plus with much more left in Chow's Car with TTV6.

145 plus on the way to church one morning, my wife in the passenger seat. :eek:
No I wasn't in a hurry to get a good seat. A mustang was messing with me. Needless to say she was not very happy when we slowed down. :mad: :mad:
It was actually faster than the 145 because when I let off the gas the needle didn't start to drop right away. I was younger then, didn't care how the car felt..I just was not going to let a mustang pass me. Stupid,stupid,stupid. Thats the fastest I have ever been in that car and this was about 8 years ago. I will never forget it and my wife never will either. :D

178 on the Pali in HI riding my ZX9R (it was amazingly smooth). Somewhere in the neighborhood of 130 in my GN.

We averaged 147 mph for 45 miles in my '86 Grand Prix before it started cutting out due to an improperly plumbed fuel pump, but still managed 136 mph average for 59 miles.

We been over 170 in it, but officially, we were clocked at 167 on radar, 157 in the standing mile. This was with 390 RWHP, but we are planning on more for next year.

The fastest car I've been in was a Lingenfelter Twin Turbo 427 Z06 (750 lbft of RWtorque at 3000 RPM) that did a spinning 130 in the 1/4 but only gets faster from there. I figure it will do just over 200 mph Top speed (notch window hurts) and just under 200 in the standing mile.

67turboCamaro said:
150+ in my 86 T, rear of the car started hopping side to side, felt like the tires were taking turns lifting off the pavement. :eek:

Lol that sounds like quite the experience. I've had that experience in my 69 firebird after I was going about 120 it felt like the car was rocking side to side. I've yet to try to top out grand national I heard that if it shifts into OD then it can kill the stock transmission. Anybody ever wonder about what would happen if your tire blew out or anything like that when your going that fast.

I've been 125 in my 87-WE4T. I was bouncing off of the stock fuel shut off.
145 in my TT Stealth RT (sold) in 4th with a gear to go.
est. @ 160 in my BB 68 Camaro SS. 3.08 gear, ran out of road before I ran out of rpm. calculator said 189 at redline in 4th.
176 on my ZX-11 (stolen). I was out riding with friends, it seems that stupidity runs in packs :), on a two lane road, bike had a little more in it but when I met a car and it sucked me toward the centerline I decided I didn't :D.