You can type here any text you want

Torco octane booster

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I used the unleaded in my KenneBell foxbody, it works as advertised. It does turn the plugs red.

I didn't really read it but Torco makes 100 unleaded. It's alright but overpriced. The reason I've dhosen not to go to alky is because of the chances of failure, although with Julios improvements it's become very tempting. It works well but not really worth the money spent.

Anyone using this ?
Accelerator - Unleaded Fuel Concentrate - 32oz.

I also read about it here
Need4Speed Power Products - Torco Race Fuel, Race Gas

Just wondering pros or cons to it. I have an alkykit but was thinking of using it as a backup in case the alky failed.

ANy pros or cons to it
Thanks

I have a customer JB in Ca that runs it in his 700 rwhp Vette. He runs the alcohol as well. You cant have too much octane on a boosted engine.. I dont know if it will save you if you develop a fuel system issue(alky too is a fuel).. but it cant hurt.

The big deal with the alky on these motors especially the TTA is the cooling afforded due to the stock IC and options afforded relating to that.. the octane benefit comes as a bonus. Heat the air enough coming into the engine, it detonates and KABOOM> And racing has consequences.. if you dont want to break your motor.. leave the car parked. If your watching your scantool.. and work your way up on boost.. you rarely have any issue. If you leave the motor set at 30 PSI all the time.. sooner than latter you will have some malady. Its in the Odds.

If C16 would stop all motor failures.. i'd have ten 55 gallon drums in my garaje.

My first pass down a track always is at low boost.

I didn't really read it but Torco makes 100 unleaded. It's alright but overpriced. The reason I've dhosen not to go to alky is because of the chances of failure, although with Julios improvements it's become very tempting. It works well but not really worth the money spent.

Price of alky kit ~$500

Price of custom IC ~$1000+

Thats an easy one on a TTA ;)

And how many failures have you personally seen?

Fill up on 4 or 5 tanks of that good stuff and then you will see the light. You will also be faster with alky on an alky tune. Nuff said.

Here are some videos of JB's car Razor talks about...Pretty sweet machine

I havent ever heard of a system failing causing the motor to go south. If you keep the system in good running order you shouldnt have a problem. Check for leaks and just run the system test thing.

Jason

sry about the previous post, I don't even remember making it. I really like Julios kit and really the only reason I haven't gotten is that I don't want to have the lines running to the up-pipe. If I ever get to the point where I have the spare money I'll probably purchase it and then I'll play with some ideas to do a really clean install, but for now I need things like subframe connectors first.

I used the unleaded in my KenneBell foxbody, it works as advertised. It does turn the plugs red.

By turning the plugs red, does that make the plugs defective or fouled or is it just a color change.
Thanks.

Just thought I would reply to my own posting. I had been running 21 boost with Erics Alky chip and Razors Alky kit. Had the dial on the alky set to number 6 and got little (.02) or no knock in 3rd gear.
I added a quart of Torco to a full tank of gas (tank holds 18 gallons I think) and drove with the alky dial still at number 6.
I kept turning the alky dial down and still no knock at WOT in 3rd gear. I currently have the alky dial at set just over number 1 and I have zero knock.
Again, not sure if there is any down side to using it with the Alky but wanted to give it a try.

Just thought I would reply to my own posting. I had been running 21 boost with Erics Alky chip and Razors Alky kit. Had the dial on the alky set to number 6 and got little (.02) or no knock in 3rd gear.
I added a quart of Torco to a full tank of gas (tank holds 18 gallons I think) and drove with the alky dial still at number 6.
I kept turning the alky dial down and still no knock at WOT in 3rd gear. I currently have the alky dial at set just over number 1 and I have zero knock.
Again, not sure if there is any down side to using it with the Alky but wanted to give it a try.

You are defeating the purpose of the alcohol system when you do this. The less alcohol the less cooling effect you will have. Unless you did it for a test, just keep the alky at 6 or a little over if you had knock and run torco if you like...

Jason

Enough testing has been done on the low alky side( flurting with disaster). Turn that puppy up and bring the boost up!

I ran my car on Full alky speed and tuned it out from there with Eric's chip. I could run 30psi but didnt have the balls to run it in 3rd.That was my street tune;)

Will turn up the boost and the alky again to 6. Dumb question, is there such a thing as to much octane, meaning if I was getting no knock with the Torco and the Alky dial between 1 and 2,
1. Is there any negative to going to 6 again on the Alky control and using the Torco ?
2. Will it be to rich ?
3. Lastly, I was running 21 and would like to try to run more boost, at what boost point would you stop raising it if I was getting no knock with the Alky and Torco combo. Dumb question huh ?
Thanks

Will turn up the boost and the alky again to 6. Dumb question, is there such a thing as to much octane, meaning if I was getting no knock with the Torco and the Alky dial between 1 and 2,
1. Is there any negative to going to 6 again on the Alky control and using the Torco ?
2. Will it be to rich ?
3. Lastly, I was running 21 and would like to try to run more boost, at what boost point would you stop raising it if I was getting no knock with the Alky and Torco combo. Dumb question huh ?
Thanks

Never too much octane, just too much alky will richen the mixture to a point of not burning properly and/or causing hesitation ect.

Read 02's..... Ideally you want to see 740-760 in 3rd gear WOT. Never go into OD while racing.

Play around with 20-21 and get a feel for tuning.....Then you can turn it up. I was thinking you could tune in the post before, but sounds like you need practice. Pull a plug and read it. That will tell the truth. Clean it before you put it back in tho. BL's should be in the 130's...Follow this link and copy what you like:http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...57-frequently-asked-questions-about-ttas.html

No dumb questions here. Just be willing to learn and you will be fast!

2. Will it be to rich ?
Thanks

1. Yes, the more octane the slower it burns. You always want the lowest octane you can run without knock.
2. Well you want mid-high 700's or where ever your car runs best. What are your o2's? Just the Torco will not make the car rich. The alky will.
3. 25 is a pretty good street number without going crazy. The higher the boost the faster things happen.

Jason

02 is in the lower 800's usually 810 to 820 at WOT in 3rd gear. Any idea how to get the O2 reading into the high 700's. I had it tuned by a Buick tech two months ago. BL is around 130 at hot idle.

Yeah up the boost. That will bring the o2's down. What chip do you have? With Erics you can adjust the fueling.

Jason

Back