You can type here any text you want

Torco octane booster

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Up the boost to whatever you feel comfortable then go from there messing with the fuel settings.

Jason

Never too much octane, just too much alky will richen the mixture to a point of not burning properly and/or causing hesitation ect.

Read 02's..... Ideally you want to see 740-760 in 3rd gear WOT. Never go into OD while racing.

Play around with 20-21 and get a feel for tuning.....Then you can turn it up. I was thinking you could tune in the post before, but sounds like you need practice. Pull a plug and read it. That will tell the truth. Clean it before you put it back in tho. BL's should be in the 130's...Follow this link and copy what you like:http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...57-frequently-asked-questions-about-ttas.html

No dumb questions here. Just be willing to learn and you will be fast!

Why not go into O/D when racing? What if your on a long stretch and want to do a top end run? You have to go into 4th right? I've noticed that when I hit 4th I have to close the elec dump pipe cause it tries to boost creep. When the exhaust closes the boost drops back to 20, I've also hit the HKS button that is set to 17 or so pounds of boost to pull back the boost in 4th. Just curious about your thoughts on not racing in O/D. thanks :)

While racing a stock car, you want to put it in 3rd on the line and leave it there... Shifting seemed to get me nowhere ET wise..Your RPM's will be around 5000 where they should be at the traps.Going into OD boggs RPM's and produces transitional knock(even with alky sometimes)Affecting MPH and ET. I always was on the EDGE for detonation, so I would see KR in OD on the few times I forgot to put lever in 3rd after a burnout. I always over octaned my car until I got a good grasp on tuning it. After all that, I would run with 93 octane and meth.

I suggest setting the boost at a safe level like 20psi and going to the track playing with timing,fueling,ect. Get the best tune you can on 20psi and go from there. I made 30 passes before I started moving up on boost. Tuning is key;)

I never did long runs because It is too dangerous IMO(car,me,other people).. I lived next to the best track in FLA, so I naturally drag raced 1/4 mile.

Another reason not to go in OD when racing is there is only 2 clutches in 4th. So on a high powered car I would guess 4th gear won't last long. OD was meant to save gas at cruisng speeds.

While racing a stock car, you want to put it in 3rd on the line and leave it there... Shifting seemed to get me nowhere ET wise..Your RPM's will be around 5000 where they should be at the traps.Going into OD boggs RPM's and produces transitional knock(even with alky sometimes)Affecting MPH and ET. I always was on the EDGE for detonation, so I would see KR in OD on the few times I forgot to put lever in 3rd after a burnout. I always over octaned my car until I got a good grasp on tuning it. After all that, I would run with 93 octane and meth.

I suggest setting the boost at a safe level like 20psi and going to the track playing with timing,fueling,ect. Get the best tune you can on 20psi and go from there. I made 30 passes before I started moving up on boost. Tuning is key;)

I never did long runs because It is too dangerous IMO(car,me,other people).. I lived next to the best track in FLA, so I naturally drag raced 1/4 mile.

Ahh, cool, I see what your saying. To start out off the line you want it in 3rd.
I was thinking you were saying that you can't O/D in WOT. I do usually start off the line in 3rd, along time ago I used to start off in 2nd and manual shift to third, thinking I could get a bit more out of it, but since I've done mods and went to the track last fall I haven't tried that again.

Back