Torque Converter Questions

Yellow68SS

My torque converter seems to behave a bit odd while spooling on the brake. Like it drags on the bottom but then allows the car to stall up way high reletive to the amount of boost. I know the engine comes into the torque curve but this seems drastic.

No Boost, 1 PSI it stalls to 21-2200 where it doesn't make crap for boost. Over about 6 seconds it will get up to 3kRPM where it hits about 6-7 PSI then will go to 3700 at 12 PSI in about 1 second. Im hesitant to get a looser converter as i dont really want to stall past 4K on boost but maybe id have too. I have tried several change to teh tune with no improvement.

224/228 cam with Twin GT30's (.63 AR) so i know it will take some RPM to spool and build some torque.

Your converter is WAY too tight. You are killing the potential for your ride to be quick at the track and fun on the street... that is not a good combination

X2 that it's too tight. What engine management? You can add timing in the area where it is slow building boost til 2500 and taper it back down by 3k will help some. Real fix will be a new converter

Pulled the converter and shipped it back to get re stalled. Just seems odd to me that from no boost to 12 PSI it climbs 1700 RPM.

I have a holley Dominator controlling everything. Tried adding and pulling timing/Fuel and it didnt get any better.

Your converter is WAY too tight. You are killing the potential for your ride to be quick at the track and fun on the street... that is not a good combination

I see you have a 3200 stall, what does yours stall to before boost and then at what boost is it at for 3200?

Pulled the converter and shipped it back to get re stalled. Just seems odd to me that from no boost to 12 PSI it climbs 1700 RPM.

I have a holley Dominator controlling everything. Tried adding and pulling timing/Fuel and it didnt get any better.
The convertor reacts only to the torque going into it. 12 psi would almost double the engines torque vs 0 psi.

Timing made a huge improvement on my turbo spooling. I only have a 2800