You can type here any text you want

Tough GN Decision

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboTodd

Tractor Guy
Cliff Notes- Original owner of an 87 GN. Drove it like an teenager for a number of years, broke it, and being broke- parked it. Over the years, tried to work towards getting it back on the road. Along the way, engine was rebuilt. Transmission went to a shop for rebuild. Shop went south, transmission went as well and was not recovered.

Career starts climbing, make two moves, car follows but no work is done on it.

Last week I was offered a promotion that will move me from DFW to the Nashville area. I'm thinking it might be time to let the GN go to someone that will make it right, and not drag her along to a new destination to sit for more years..

Car is bolt-on original. Engine was a basic rebuild and is sitting on a stand- engine still turns over. Car had 60K miles on it when parked. Car needs exterior work, paint and bumper fillers, no rust holes. Headliner sagging, interior all there. Only thing missing is the transmission and the driver side oem exhaust manifold.

Thinking about this decision the past week, almost feels like I'm deciding to put a family pet down.. She's suffering, and it's better to let her go.

Am I crazy? I don't want to be the crazy old man with the rotting GN barn find who refuses to sell no matter what..

Thoughts?

If this car is the one you REALLY want to keep, keep it, just remember it's just a car. If you have an idea how much you need to have for it post it. I still have my second car and when I left TX it was ok but after 10 years and left in one of my best friends care the engine is locked, carb is missing and the body and frame are SCREWED. I wish I could've taken with me but...it's a little late now.

From what i see , theres a buncha crazy people out there, letting these GN's go for so cheap, but thats what this economy will do

I'm in DFW, let me know what you are going to do. I will keep an eye on this.
I hope in the days to come, your decision becomes easier.

Keep it and take it with you to TN. If you change your mind about keeping after you've settled in, let me know, I'm in KY and will take her off your hands.;)

Keep it and take it with you to TN. If you change your mind about keeping after you've settled in, let me know, I'm in KY and will take her off your hands.;)

Dann Tx, and there are a lot of guys who know these cars in Tenn. and Kentucky.

Take it with you, they can make your life easier!:cool:

Back