TR6 & Coils install pics

BOOST N

photo 1 - Copy.JPG
photo 3 - Copy.JPG

That's thinking. 6 coils with almost a stock look to the untrained eye. Like it better than the valve cover mounting. Clutters up the engine too much

Crap. If I would have thought this I would have never sold my c.o.p. set up. Very nice..

How would one duplicate that mounting setup? I may be upgrading my ignition in the near future and if I could the TR6 to look like this I'd be a happy camper.

All the fittings necessary for install come with the fuel rail.

I did however change the rear fittings to straight and used non conductive hose.

Very nice! What fuel pressure transducer is that? I just ordered Champion rails and might as well add a transducer while I'm at it

I have the tr6 and want to do this set up. what year coils are those? what wiring harness did you use? what spark plug wires are those? thanks Bob

Jack Laswell in Royce city TX would have all the answers to your questions since he is the one that designed and built this mounting setup.

I will talk with him soon and see if he will reply here. I don't want to post his number with out his approval.

The wires are Taylor that he put the coil ends on.
The harness he custom made.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here is a parts list for the individual coil on box set up.
Bob Bailey. All coil and TR6 box wire terminals and connectors
Amazon 6 Coils GM 12611424
Jegs. 1 plug wire boot kit Taylor 46067
McMaster-Carr. 6 1/2"OD, 1/2" Length, 1/4" screw size unthreaded spacer 93013A330
6 1/2"OD, 7/8" Lenght, 1/4" screw size unthreaded spacer 93013A973
6 Socket Headed Cap Screw 1/4"-20 Thread, 2 3/4" Length 91274A200

What I did was drilled and tapped the lid. Installed the coils and spacers, short spacer on the bottom and long spacer between the upper and lower coil. Placed nuts on the bolts where they protrude through the lid, to lock in place. This was done because the lid is not very thick and I doubt the threads would hold.

Damn Jack you beat me to it... lol

Badass build My brother is the best!

0229161228.jpg
0229161229.jpg

Don Cruz sells the correct sized plug wires for a clean look and sells a custom made mounting bracket for the TR6/Coil. their for sale on his site