You can type here any text you want

Tr6 diag works..but still an issue

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
When my transmission was installed, the mechanic left the ground strap off that bolts to the firewall. I bolted it to the intake and the car had intermitent starting problems. Bolted it to the back of the head and that fixed it.

I
When my transmission was installed, the mechanic left the ground strap off that bolts to the firewall. I bolted it to the intake and the car had intermitent starting problems. Bolted it to the back of the head and that fixed it.

Sorry but there is no difference in using one or the other.

I'm not looking at the car at the moment but I think I bolted the ground strap to the intake where the bracket for the coil is bolted to. So that bolt doesn't go to the head and didn't provide a proper ground. Does that sound plausible?

I've got redundant grounds. Firewall to intake, firewall to coil bracket, coil bracket to intake where it meets with all harness grounds as well as TR6 ground.

Do you have a update by chance? Sounds like the ECM connections issue that I had, ended up replacing them with a new one from Casper's Electronics.

Chuck

Ar133s are non resistor plugs. Put ngk yr5s in the issue is greatly reduced. Everyone in a while I get a code 42. I have a new caspers harness waiting to go in at somepoint. Tr6 is fine no more dtcs.

Back