You can type here any text you want

Track Pics

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86 TR

Work In Progress
Here's a couple of pics I took yesterday at Tristate Raceway in Earlville, IA. This event is put together by some local guys in my area usually has a real good attendance. This year Im thinking the fuel prices might have changed some peoples minds about coming over. There wasn't near the attendance over past years!

Even though I didn't take my Buick. There was 2 of them there. I snapped a few pics of this 87 GN that was running in the 9's at about 135+ mph. I don't know the exact specs on this car. Maybe its a board member on here. The other Buick was an 87 WE4. All bone stock with the exception of a chip running 13.30's at 103 mph. It was kinda nice to see at least a couple of Buicks out at the track.

The other pic is my buddy's 67 Camaro. Its got a 572 cubic inch all aluminum big block chevy. It ran 11.00's at 132mph.:eek: A little traction problem. And its a four speed car yet too! With no cage, he had a talk with the tech guy!:eek: I tried to get a couple cars on video but my damn camera battery died! Oh, well.
001-17.jpg

006-3.jpg

005-7.jpg

004-8.jpg

003-12.jpg

Awesome pics!!!! Your buddies 67 Camaro looks like a sweet ride and the GN looks to have a pretty serious Stage motor (I want a Hogan sheetmetal intake:eek: :D) so I'd venture to say if it was running 9's @135mph that he was probably running it on a conservative tune or he is just working out the bugs. Either way looks like a badass ride!:cool: Thanks for sharing.:)

I wish I would have thought about the "custom" breather covers that the GN is running. It was embarrassing last year in Noble - oil out of breathers hitting headers and smoking in the staging lanes. Dang blue shop towel and zip tie and I would have been good :biggrin:

Here's a couple of pics I took yesterday at Tristate Raceway in Earlville, IA. This event is put together by some local guys in my area usually has a real good attendance. This year Im thinking the fuel prices might have changed some peoples minds about coming over. There wasn't near the attendance over past years!

Even though I didn't take my Buick. There was 2 of them there. I snapped a few pics of this 87 GN that was running in the 9's at about 135+ mph. I don't know the exact specs on this car. Maybe its a board member on here. The other Buick was an 87 WE4. All bone stock with the exception of a chip running 13.30's at 103 mph. It was kinda nice to see at least a couple of Buicks out at the track.

The other pic is my buddy's 67 Camaro. Its got a 572 cubic inch all aluminum big block chevy. It ran 11.00's at 132mph.:eek: A little traction problem. And its a four speed car yet too! With no cage, he had a talk with the tech guy!:eek: I tried to get a couple cars on video but my damn camera battery died! Oh, well.
001-17.jpg

006-3.jpg

005-7.jpg

004-8.jpg

003-12.jpg

Hey next time you go down pm me I get over there with my gn sometimes. there is a race in August there called the cedar valley street rods, dont know if you have ever been to it but the turn out is unreal with street cars.

Hey next time you go down pm me I get over there with my gn sometimes. there is a race in August there called the cedar valley street rods, dont know if you have ever been to it but the turn out is unreal with street cars.

I will do that. I like Tristate. Its a nice track. Maybe I can talk my buddy into driving his fully restored 86 T-type down with me. He's afraid to drive it now its so nice.

I usually race at Tristate or Cordova.

Back