Track test today

PhenixCityGN

Going to the track today, first time with new chip and combo, I'll post times later today or tommorrow.

I'll be running 25psi on alky, and 23/21 timing

I'm shooting for 11's

Going to the track today, first time with new chip and combo, I'll post times later today or tommorrow.

I'll be running 25psi on alky, and 23/21 timing

I'm shooting for 11's

Good luck, sounds like you should have it if everything works out!

Best slip of three:

60ft-2.07
1/8-8.09@89mph
1/4-12.57@111mph

I am being held back by the headers, and the stock converter. I'm gonna put in a 2800 rpm converter this month and shoot for high 11s next time. The car is capable of it, I just gotta get it to launch. My 60ft times should be like 1.5x or so.

Dude the headers are not holding you back unless they are cracked.

Your 60' is your biggest problem.

Was the car spinning, or launching to soft??

What tires??

With a 49 Turbo you should not need a stall to get good 60' times.

You need to figure out what you have wrong before throwing parts at it.

I would agree that parts aren't your problem. Is the car tuned? Post some WOT scanmaster numbers to look at (O2s, boost, timing, knock retard, etc.).

car runs 760-780 O2's with no KR all the way down the track, 41 psi FP, so it's in tune. Not spinning at all (on slicks) but I can only build like maybe 1-2 lbs of boost at the line off the foot brake. My stock headers got the drivers side crack, so I thought at the time it would be good to just "upgrade" to the hooker headers. With a stock turbo/intercooler/injectors on race gas, I could build 6-7 lbs of boost at the line, and ran a best of a 1.61 60ft (8.01@88mph in the eighth)

thx for the input guys

Fix the cracked header and your 60' times will drop...Do not buy Hookers...Check and make sure that's the only exhaust leak before the turbo.

Can you only make 1-2 psi with your foot on the floor or is it pushing through the brakes?? Cuz if it's pushing then the brakes need att. also.

Hooker headers are not an upgrade.

I think you need a driver upgrade.

Emergency brake FTW

Fix the cracked header and your 60' times will drop...Do not buy Hookers...Check and make sure that's the only exhaust leak before the turbo.

Can you only make 1-2 psi with your foot on the floor or is it pushing through the brakes?? Cuz if it's pushing then the brakes need att. also.

The back tires start to spin, like a burnout. Car doesn't move foward at all. This is at less than half throttle, or approx. 22-2500 rpm.

There are no obvious exhaust leaks that I can find, O2's look good. I'm thinking about having the stock headers welded and putting them back on, but if a higher stall converter will get me the same results, I'd lean toward that first.

A higher stall will not give the same results...Fix the headers.

If the back tires start to spin you need to figure out how to get them to hold better...Long shoes, S10 wheel cylinders, sand paper on the drum surface are all ways people improve rear brakes.

I think you need an atittude adjustment, mister admin sir

Positivity FTW

Im not telling you anything I wouldnt tell you if you were standing in front of me.

You need to learn how to launch the car. There is absolutely no reason you shouldnt be able to get AT WORST a 1.7 60 foot time on slicks.. that alone would get you close to the 11s.

If the car is pushing, use the Ebrake.. that will knock several tenths off your 60 foot time.

He's right if the rears are wanting to spin the e-brake will work for a temp fix...I just wouldn't do it all the time.

He's right if the rears are wanting to spin the e-brake will work for a temp fix...I just wouldn't do it all the time.

Heh.. I used to race the crap out of my car with the Ebrake. 15-18 PSI launches.. never had a problem. I know of a couple of people who did but most of the guys I raced with never had any issues.

I have done it to, but I know a guy that completely screwed his backing plate up after doing this a bunch of times...Couldn't even drive the car it broke/bent at the track while trying to build boost and spit all the brake parts out on the track.

car runs 760-780 O2's with no KR all the way down the track, 41 psi FP, so it's in tune. Not spinning at all (on slicks) but I can only build like maybe 1-2 lbs of boost at the line off the foot brake. My stock headers got the drivers side crack, so I thought at the time it would be good to just "upgrade" to the hooker headers. With a stock turbo/intercooler/injectors on race gas, I could build 6-7 lbs of boost at the line, and ran a best of a 1.61 60ft (8.01@88mph in the eighth)thx for the input guys

I know what the car is capable of, AND I know how to launch it. I'm trying to determine which would be better, the header fix, or the converter. I want to be able to build the boost off the foot brake like I did with the stock setup. I guess headers win out cause so many people agree. At the time I got the hookers, was still new to the car, and thought aftermarket headers would surely be better than stock, but now I know better, thanks to the board.

P.S I am NOT gonna try launching with the ebrake.