Track test today

See the thing is if you fix the header you will get better 60' times even if you launch at the same boost cuz it will spool MUCH faster...Also it'll be more fun on the street.

You should always fix what you have wrong before you upgrade other parts...A 49 should spool fine with a stock converter, if you upgrade turbos later then it'll be necessary to get a converter.

are they Hooker headers ??? IF they are they WILL hold you back :cool:

I had some Hookers on my car when I bought it. I can tell you that is the first thing I removed. It felt like I gained 50 horsepower when I put the TA headers on my car. I didnt have any stock exhaust manifolds laying around because that is what I would have put on.Thye are good into the 10's. I dont regret the TA's because they serve the purpose. Those Hooker headers have like 20 feet of pipe to fill with exhaust gas before it hits the turbo.:eek: :D

That might not be all of your problem but it sure is a big part of it. The turbo will spool so much quicker off the line and help drop your sixty foot. Thats where your E.T. is at.....

phenixcitygn,some good advice above.i would like to add that the t-brake launch will definatly help and a good converter with the 49 sounds like the type of launching you sound interested in.i agree fixing the issues at hand 1st, then retry at the track.49 and the stock converter will require you to load and hold boost to 60ft compared to riding the stock turbo off 1lb out of the hole.

The back tires start to spin, like a burnout. Car doesn't move foward at all. This is at less than half throttle, or approx. 22-2500 rpm.

There are no obvious exhaust leaks that I can find, O2's look good. I'm thinking about having the stock headers welded and putting them back on, but if a higher stall converter will get me the same results, I'd lean toward that first.

If you have no ex leaks is the header actually cracked and leaking? If it is it will slow spool. I think you need to address the rear brakes. You should be able to hold 4-6# of boost. There is nothing wrong with the e brake launch if you keep the boost reasonable. But that's your choice.;)

you keep saying your stock headers are cracked why in your sig does it say poston headers.

phenixcity gn

hey whats up I in columbus ga Im a regular at the phenixcity drag strip you may have seen me. We need to get together and chop up all of these mustangs running around here.