Track Times - Opinions

lordmikef

Went to englishtown last night

60' 1.88
1/4 12.62
mph 108.2

ta-49, walbro 340, 009's, atr headers,
I was running about 41* of fuel pressure and about 18* of boost.

Any tuning suggestions besides lower the 60's? haha :confused:

I start of running 18lbs of boost and then go up. 18lbs is nothing more boost, C16, 24 degrees of timing, Slicks. You should have a low 12 car easy.

Good Luck

i think you did ok but

what were you running for fuel ,
what were your O2s
what are you running for tires
whose chip and specs ,
what boost were you leaving at

might want to up the fuel
it was cold last night at the track , like 49* when you made that run ,you have to watch because youll find youll need more fuel when the temp drops

i had poor traction all night and others had good luck , lots of junk on the track
also when you pull up to burn out move up a little more , try to get your tires out of the water and off the concrete , try to get into the rubber and resin pit

i was running the 112 from the track. had about a gallon on 93 left in the car and put 7 gallons on top of that. i have the nitto 555r drag radials. I thought 18* of boost was pretty low but i wanted to get some opinions before going any higher. I went over the scales out of curiosity and was at 3680 but a couple people told me they were light 50 or so pounds. what kind of boost/fuel pressure would be good for e-town at 20 degrees? haha

With that gas, up the boost to at least 22# - the turbo should really come alive then. If you weren't spinning off the line, leave with more boost.

well im at the point where i have the adjustable wastegate which is the stock one just with the nut and threads. (im sure you've all see it) and anything over 18-19 pounds of boost and im just not strong enough to pull the rod back onto the exhaust housing. and im a pretty big guy. haha there has to be another way of adjusting without buying an actuator. no?

yes you can adjust for more bost with a bleeder , something as simple as an air valve for a fishtank or RJC 's boost controller.
i dont like cranking the arm down and have had good results with the RJC valve.

112 should be good to 24# boost with as much as 25* timing , biggest obtsacle is what is your chip burned for as to wether youll have the fuel and timimg optimized , get one burned for 112 octane and about 24 psi and it will be programmed for the fuel and timing nescessary all youll need to do is crank it up ..slow .
on those nitto i wouldnt try to leave with any boost at all ,dont run them with low pressure 25 or so should be ok , and dont do a big smoking burnout like last night.

So right now I am at about 18 maybe 19 pounds of boost. All that needs to be done is to put the rjc controller inline on the vacuum hose running to the top of the turbo and it will allow me to adjust more from there?

What do i do with the wastegate actuator i have on now. Should i leave it set where it is or how does it work?

rjc 's controller allows you to set the rod to about 15# on stock wastegate and use his valve to adjust up from there

another feature is it spools fast, something you may not need with a 49 if you have a converter but if your still on the D5 it might help , this is one reason why you dont want to prespool with the 49 unless youve got the traction since the 49 will spool fast and break loose most tires unless they are pure drag slicks , 5-6 is about all i can hit the MT radials with and those things stick good

You need to get the boost up, since it will take a few days to get the rjc bleeder, make a bracket like this. DC tech made this one and i use it to pull back the HD wastegates on cars that require it.

How long do you let the car cool off between passes?

Attachments

• 100_2967 (Small).jpg
    100_2967 (Small).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 112
I think im just going to order it from rjc and see if i can get some more boost out it. i was thinking i could go as high as 24 pounds. is that pushing it too hard on 112? the chip i have is 8-way adjustable and i have a setup for that kind of gas and boost.