You can type here any text you want

track times

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
bout to head to the track and was trying to get a round about what times i should run mods are hooker catback 3in dp rebuilt motor built trans with 3000 stall guttedcat Cai te44 42 injectors 100lb springs powerplate fuelpump hotwire kit et drag slicks 16lb of boost

why not go to the track and find out? Mods can make you go fast, reaction time, your ability to apply hp to track, weather, all factors on e.t.
We could speculate forever, you can tell us after a couple passes.

ok just hit the track and the car ran a 12.87 @107and the car would not leave on any boost and i dont have a alky chip r/t is .785 and 60 ft was 2.205 8th was 8.35 @ 87.37 what went wrong here thank for all the help

Alky chip, and work on your 60fts. Practice, practice, practice. Get some slicks, and if your brakes are not in good shape, get them in order so you can leave on more boost. The seasoned racers can get it as low as 1.45-1.6 area, but if you can get into the 1.8 60's your in good shape. If you can get it lower, then you are going to get lower ETs.

Nix

ok just hit the track and the car ran a 12.87 @107and the car would not leave on any boost and i dont have a alky chip r/t is .785 and 60 ft was 2.205 8th was 8.35 @ 87.37 what went wrong here thank for all the help

How much timing and what was the temperature like? How about the track elevation?

I ran 12.7's@115/116mph with 2.2 60ft on a warm day with 24psi with pump/alky and 18' of timing with an unopen motor and a TE-44 through the stock exhaust system.

Alky chip, and work on your 60fts. Practice, practice, practice. Get some slicks, and if your brakes are not in good shape, get them in order so you can leave on more boost. The seasoned racers can get it as low as 1.45-1.6 area, but if you can get into the 1.8 60's your in good shape. If you can get it lower, then you are going to get lower ETs.

Nix

You've come a long way grasshopper.:biggrin:

The serious racers are below 1.6 on the 60' though. Lots of tricks you can use but it really is about practice and getting used to launching the car. Take your time and relax first of all. You will do better but it will take some time and practice.:smile:

Your problem is easy. 2.2 60 foot.

"IF" you had a 1.60 60 foot you'd run 8-9 tenths faster=11.80-11.90 that easy.

maybe the converter you have is too tight, exhaust leaks, poor tires.. poor track surface.. not leaving under any boost, etc..

You need sticky tires, leave under at least a few psi boost, and not spin the tires.

i have a exhaust leak to but will a translator help with the turbo spool time i know the car is a lot faster than that time i ran and at 1psi it starts to spin the tirrs

You cant be spinning slicks unless they are old and wore out.

You should be able and hold the brakes to build boost until at least 8-10 PSI without spinning anything. Slicks aired to 12-14 PSI. Proper burnout.

If you cant.. you need new rear brakes, wheel cylinders, better tires, or even a looser converter.

If anything you should be pushing the front tires through the beams. Not spinning the slicks.

I dont know about the Hughes converter. Its not what is "typically" used.

Your problems are not translator, tuning, etc.. at this point.

Back