You can type here any text you want

Trailer Tire???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
who makes a great trailer tire?
Conrad

You're putting trailer tires on your Buick Conrad?:confused::ROFLMAO: The tires will last a long time at least.:D

Michelin XPS Ribs. I have a heavy 5th wheel camper and other trailers. They are the only tire I have not had problems with. That is just my opinion.

I just put a set of Maxxis on mine. Too soon to say how they will hold up but they had excellent reviews.

Running Firestone on the 20' open rollback. Been there for 15 yrs, w/o issues. They are getting 'tired" and are about done for. Going to try a set of Maxxis next time.
The trlr is always under cover w/ tire covers on it. So far, no signs of sidewall cracking, etc. The covers are from the auto paint store. At least they keep the dogs from pissing on the wheels.:D

Yeah...trailer tires on GN??? Right!!!!!!!! On my TRAILER!

NO ONE!
ALL trailer tires are made in Asia, including goodyear, and the failure rate is absurd,
biggest issue is high speeds, and under inflated, causing heat and tire failure,
I have a few brand new tires with NO tread, as the tread came off while driving along at 60 mph,
currently maxxis are on the trailer , with no issues for now,
but am real tired of poor quality crap tires.

Last edited:
Goodyear makes a tire I have had great luck with I think its called unisteel. It says regroovable on the sidewall. Its a very heavy load range G (110 psi) tire and is made in the USA. It is twice the price of the Asian tires.

I have also had good luck with Gladiator tires in load range E (80 psi) on lighter trailers. I believe they are Asian but have held up well for me (several sets) and are very price competitive.

How about Goodyear Marathons? I'm not finding Unisteer! Will check out Michelins.
Conrad

Unisteel not steer. I think that's what I have. I'll look tomorrow.

Marathons used to be made oversees but maybe they are made here? Idk.

Last edited:
Back