You can type here any text you want

tranny leaking

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MistaScott

Abnormally Aspirated
Just finished installing a tranny cooler and new radiator. Made sure all the hoses are perfect and they are, clamped and all.

Then notice some tranny fluid leaking out from under the tranny itself, right in front of the pan toward the pass side. Car smoked a whole bunch when I fired her up but doesn't anymore.

It only leaks when I am running, when the car is off nothing. I did pour a lot of fluid in when I refilled to account for the cooler...any ideas?

There is a small overflow tube on top of the tranny towards the passenger side.If your sure it's not coming from there and it is coming from the lower front then it could be the pump seal,Federal Mogal #3227 $3-$4.Mine was leaking from the front last week on my 86,I figured it was the pump seal so I pulled the tranny and the seal looked ok,did a quick inspection of the torque converter thought it looked ok.Changed the seal and put the tranny back in.Started it up on my friends lift with the cover off it was still peeing all over the place then I noticed my torque converter was cracked on the weld .So out came the tranny again to change the converter. :mad: However my guess is still the pump seal.

Honestly, I think I overfilled. I wasn't that low when I filled, and I put in a half gallon. It doesn't seem to be spilling out as much and its no longer smoking. But if its a pump seal no biggie I guess...

Back