You can type here any text you want

Tranny nightmare (LONG)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
This will be my "last reply" also. I never said Brian wasnt a good guy because he had to be one of the nicest people I ever delt with, not counting the second time I called about the major failure. That time he became quite nasty, but I understand both of us were disapointed with the failure. I understand any hard part can fail at any time. I honestly thought he installed hardened parts in the known failure areas. If I knew he installed doner parts from cores he knew nothing about, I would have spent the extra cash to buy the better parts. Again, Brian is a stand up guy, who builds excellent transmissions, going by all the positive feedback he gets, Its just that I got a bad one. How would you feel, buying & putting in a tranny that shifts incorrectly, messing with it for 2, months, pulling the pan 4 times trying to get it to shift right, pulling it back out as per builder, sending it back, builder admits he made a mistake,( i know **** happens & I understood) getting it back and it fails that same day due to a part that I thought was a new hardened part but found out it was a doner? Yes, that was my fault but he assured me this tranny would hold up to a 10 second run. I ASSUMED it had at least a harnened drum. Everything I said is true, and I saved evey e mail & conversation to back my statments up. I guess I was gullible in thinking if I didnt "say" his name, people wouldn't be able to find out who he was so easily. I am sorry for that. My intent wasn't to slander him. In closing, my statement about doing your homework wasnt a slam, it was advice. Ask what parts are new or hardened or billet. Ask the builder what can be done to do to make the tranny less likely to fail. Thats all that I meant with that. Again, Brian is a good guy & builder. Just ask questions. I didnt & it cost me over $1,000 for nothing but a headache.
Edit, I dont know what he means by "Red flags" My only complaint before installing was the bolt holes for the inspection cover were broken off in the tranny & I asked him about it. He said most guys don't install the cover anyway, so he didnt bother. I guess that was petty but I like the cover installed, so I drilled them out & retapped them.

Back