You can type here any text you want

Tranny oil

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
Its time for a tranny oil change, what do you guys reccomend?

I was thinking on going to synthetic. Redline? Amsoil?

Any trans filter got to watch out for?

I've always used a Delco filter with Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF. So far so good!

Jacob

Tranny fluid

synthetic is definitely the best.... however; on a standard rebuild with torque converter it takes approx a whole case of fluid to get it up to the proper range. you are really only changing about a fifth of the total fluid capacity. I would like to ask a question... when you first break-in a tranny... can you do it with synthetic?? then the problem would be solved.

Tre tranny rebuilt is new, it never seen synthetic oil.

can you do the initial break-in of the tranny with synthetic????

Was thinking this for the past couple of days, frequent tranny oil change will be better than leaving synthetic trans oil at a longer term oil change.

So I guess I will go with standard ATF trans oil. Which is a "better" brand to go for the tranny oil?

I have seen synthetic tranny by MOBIL1 before and that is what i was running before i started my rebuild process. i am sure they make a regular dexron 3 version. How bout some of you tranny goo roos with some insight on the issues!!!

Not being a tranny guru, I just toss in whatever is Dexron. How bad can it be? I think Bruce (WE4) has used tractor fluid. You might post this in trans tech.

Thanks!

Yes i'm set on the tractor fluid, did a search on it and many guys use it.

Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by TurboV6
Yes i'm set on the tractor fluid, did a search on it and many guys use it.

I'm using Mobile 424 also on my new tranny. The 5 miles that it has so far are good ones ..hee hee..

Back