You can type here any text you want

trans brake on tta

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1240

CAMEL TOE
im thinking about putting a trans brake on my tta.it currently is a high 11
second car with the best 60ft in the 1.90.my ?? is how well will the stock
rear end hold up with a brake,i already had to replace the posi once and
the ring/pinion once but i think im putting alot of strain on it holding the foot
brake.

you think you were straining it on the foot brake ??? I think a trans brake is goin to be killer ... oh if ya get one get a good one .. pay peanuts ya get monkey's :eek:

Spend the money on a matched converter and tires. Car will sixty in the low 1.5's.

The t-brake is pretty violent.. ask me how I know ;)

stall and slicks

hey razor i already have a 3200 stall and nittos hook real well. i relly dont want to go any higher on the stall unless i have to.

Dude, no offense.. a 1.9 60 foot sucks. I would on a bad day get at least a 1.7x on Nitto's with a stock turbo and a D5.. actually I believe I got down to a 1.59 once on Nitto's. Car would run low 12's on a stock turbo/D5.

If your turbo is mismatched to the converter, you will not be able and 60 foot. The time on my sig was done off the foot brake leaving at 3 PSI boost. Again, turbo and converter must be a happy couple. Then we get to boost controlling the spool up, thats a whole other deal.

Ditch the Nitto's, get a set of MT Drag Radials, drop the air to 14 PSI, warm them up on a prepped track.. bring the boost up to about 5 PSI and stomp it. If your converter is too tight.. the car will baaahhhhh then take off. With the rite converter it will feel like someone put their boot on your chest.

1.6 on a TTA is a piece of cake.. with properly matched parts ;)

Back