You can type here any text you want

trans+/Extender chip users....Fuel pressure setting?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
I know that it's suggested that you set your fuel pressure for 45 line off w/ this chip....but how many of you are actually able to set it at 45 line off & keep your blm's @ 128 & have the car great at WOT?
I'm asking because at this time athough my car seems to be running pretty good, I was told that since my fuel pressure is set at around 41lbs line off that I'm losing out on alot of horse power.
My blm's are showing 128 at idle...
02's are approx 750 top of 3rd gear....0 knock
Boost set at 22-23 lbs
Razors single nozzle alky kit...knob turned approx 90% all the way on
And of course my fuel pressure is set at 41 line off...
The car does run rich at launch....o2's in the 820-840 range...

Would it improve my power/performance to...
1)raise fuel pressure to the chip makers recommended 45 line off...

2)reset my ecm & drive around for 10-15 minutes & see where my blm's are at

3)adjust the trans+ to run richer or leaner at idle..

4)subtract fuel from the trans+ wot setting to get my 02's in order..

5) adjust alky??? hopefully down as it's about maxed out & I'm only running 22-23 lbs of boost & I know this 70gtq has alot higher sweet spot...

Let me know your initial thoughts & tomorrow I'll test again & post what the egt's are at wot..

Thanks

You have SO many adjustments available to you, that you have many options available to you.

Number one thing I see is that you seem to be running the alky WAY harder than you should need to!!! When tweaking on scot w. 's car we were never able to get much over a 4or5 on the dial before it started drowning in alky.

Where you set your fuel pressure isn't so terribly important as long as you're in the ball pard of somewhere between 41-45.
If you have a spot you're comfortable with, LEAVE IT ALONE! make your needed adjustments either in the chip or translator.

If you're worried about being too lean at WOT you can add fuel with the MAF WOT knob in the translator. You can lean down the lower end either with the MAF BASE knob or adjusting the fueling in the chip.

Lot's of options available. Just don't play with too many things all at once.
Today's modern chips and controllers have pretty much negated the need for the old fashioned and precarious method of "fuel pressure tuning". You definately want to get away from having to tweek on F.P.

Thanks..I guess I'll have to locate my original instructions & see how to go into the chip and make adjustments.
So you feel that by having my fuel pressure set @ 41 & not 45 will not effect horsepower in any way....?

Thanks..I guess I'll have to locate my original instructions & see how to go into the chip and make adjustments.
So you feel that by having my fuel pressure set @ 41 & not 45 will not effect horsepower in any way....?

Not really. Keep in mind, unless you have the ECM set to full time open loop operation, small fuel pressure chages like that aren't going to have much affect at all. As soon as you changed it, the BLM's in the computer compensated for that in order to maintain proper a/f ratio.

Sounds like the people that told you that are still stuck in the carburator world.

Back