trans+ extender chip ?

Otto J

i have the trans+ and extender chip cars ran awesome
replaced the cam wit ha comp cam 212 and the idlle is terrrible
the only wa y to get a decent idle is to turn the timing up about 6 degrees ove rthe base (98 octane) setting for base
in my extender chip instruction it shows a different burn for using a bigger cam,the car runs great drives great just idle like crap, if i have it redne for the cam change is the only difference the idle rpm or do they change any other parameters?
thanks for the help
OJP

Idle speed is all i've ever needed to do.

try adjusting the throttle stop to raise the idle speed until it seems happy.

What's the chip number?

Bob

ill give you the chip number tomorrow, if i add about 4 clicks ( 8 degrees over the fact that it is a 98 octane chip) it idles way better,take the timing back out and it idles real rough, i changed back an old red 93 chip i had and it idles fine, could you just add some timing to the low end if i send it back ? just for idlepurposes? other than the idle it drives great, unless there is another problem with the car ? no vacuum leaks,check all the valves none are to tight, yet i only can seem to get about 8" of vacuum idling in gear and maybe 11-12 in neutral. any ideas or suggestions? i can send you the chip monday if that is the solution
thanks Otto

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
i have the trans+ and extender chip cars ran awesome
replaced the cam wit ha comp cam 212 and the idlle is terrrible
the only wa y to get a decent idle is to turn the timing up about 6 degrees ove rthe base (98 octane) setting for base
in my extender chip instruction it shows a different burn for using a bigger cam,the car runs great drives great just idle like crap, if i have it redne for the cam change is the only difference the idle rpm or do they change any other parameters?
thanks for the help
OJP

Try running a compression check and see if it's weird.
There is the chance of misinstalling the cam.
Sure about the cam sensor?.
I've had several cams in mine, and no timing adjustments were needed to get a decent idle.

I'd be happy to add some timing in there for you. Email me and I'll provide the address.

That idle vaccuum does sound pretty low.

Bob

i am debating on checking the cam, i built the motor myself,and i'd be damned if it was installed wrong,i am waiting for a few hundred miles and i will make a pass and see how it runs,because on the highway around town it runs great,just sounds like the cam is bbig in it but it is only a comp cams 212
Otto
Bob give me the address and payment amount and i will ship it to you
thanks