Trans fitting in front of radiator

GN Bob

Can someone please tell me what the thread size is for the fittings that screw into the front of the radiator for the trans cooling lines?

Whats on there now looks like either 1/4 or 3/8 male to a 1/8 female NPT reducer with a 1/8 male NPT to 1/4 flare 90 degree elbow for connection to the short hard line.

I want to go with just a barb fitting on the radiator and rubber lines connecting to the hard lines or maybe an auxiliary cooler.

Thanks,

Bob

5/16 flare female to 1/8npt male-90* elbow

you need no fittings
easy way is seperate the top trans coolant steel line and remove the coupler , push the nut back and shove 5/16 cooler hose about an inch over the flared ends and use a clamp , run to cooler then back to other end of line and attach hose the same way
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/images/Cooler.JPG

That's the size for the stock,never been changed,OEM radiator. Most if not all replacement radiators reguardless of brand use a bigger fitting.Tranny cooler line flare is the same size but the cooler inlet threads are one size bigger in most cases. If you suspect the radiator has been replaced go up one size.

Thats great, I see how Ken connected the hose to the lines, thanks.

My radiator must be aftermarket since my 1/8 npt male to 5/16 flare elbows are screwed into adapters then into the radiator. I'll have to get what adapters I can find before I pull them tomorrow.

Thanks,

Bob

Thanks Scott.

I searched before I posted my original question but didn't find the posting you linked me to. I also had looked in McMaster Carr but must have missed the listing. That is a good place to look for a lot of misc. parts for our cars. I'm ordering those fittings now.

I ended up removing my condenser since my AC wasn't working anyway so I'll be getting more air to the radiator now.

I went with straight 5/16" barbed fittings and ran rubber trans lines over the flared ends of the hard lines as previously suggested and it worked fine.

Thanks to all for your help.

Bob