Trans shifting hard!

Pull the governor out of the transmission case and check to see if the plastic gear has "apple cored".

Looks like there's some wear on the gear Jase. Not bad but you might want to look into the hole it came out of and see what it looks like.

Looks like there's some wear on the gear Jase. Not bad but you might want to look into the hole it came out of and see what it looks like.

That`s just my camera making it look worn, but its not. It looked fine in the hole too. I will pickup my kickdown cable, it should be in today... anything else I should checkout while I`m at it?

Unfortunately it sounds like an internal problem now. Either it isn't building enough pressure or it's bleeding around an internal seal.

Oh happy day!

After putting the governor back in and that damn cap back on:mad: The new kickdown cable wasn't in today like it was supposed to be:rolleyes: so I was messing with the old kickdown cable and noticed it was pretty tight, so I tried to adjust it and it kept slipping threads like I said it does(plastic POS!) so I got a clamp out and clamped that bastard into place and... presto, it worked like a charm:biggrin: Now how lose or tight should it be adjusted to? I always set it half way, right now its all the way lose and shifts smooth, but it might be shifting to quick... idk.

Release the clamp and have someone press down on the gas pedal to the floor. Then lock it down. This is the correct way to set it if I remember right.

You know you can buy this cable it's still available. I got mine thru NAPA. It's good quality. When I converted my N/A to turbo the original N/A kick down cable was too short. The short one's were easy to get. But the longer one I got was a bit of a hustle. It was strickly for early turbos with THM-350's, (and we know there were'nt many of them). So it got a little complicated but I got it.

I beg to differ that they are a POS. The original equipment one is made to last if it is'nt beaten to death during adjustment. And yes, if you don't adjust it correctly, it is a hard gear shift and may damage your transmission over time. But I think this was already written....just regurgitating.............:biggrin:

Yes Aj, it sure did;)

Thanks Fred, I will have to look into that when I get ready to put the turbo in. I got the new one today and its the same stock replacement one, not a bad cable I just hate plastic parts:biggrin: