You can type here any text you want

Trans+ without Extender means no WOT fuel control?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
I recently installed a Trans+ and LS1 MAF without an extender chip, haven't had time to really mess with adjustments yet, but read on another post that you can't adjust WOT fueling without the extender??

The installation instructions for the Trans+ say nothing about the extender chip needing to be used to control fuel or spark??

I know the extender will "extend" the range of the MAF along with tons of other things but I understood you could control minimally fuel and spark without it.

You need the extender chip for controlling WOT fueling and spark.

I can tell you, you won't be disappointed with the extender chip and it's options.

Dannyo

with the T+ you can control spark regardless of the chip used. For WOT fueling, you may be able to lean the car out some, on lower hp applications. But, in general, the fuel tuning is designed for the extenders.

B

Originally posted by TurboBob
you may be able to lean the car out some, on lower hp applications. But, in general, the fuel tuning is designed for the extenders.
B
I'm guessing that you are able to adjust some if not pegging the MAF at 255 right? And if not pegging the MAF, I should see the WOT MAF reading changing a little by adjusting the WOT pods in the translator right?

yes, but most cars will peg the MAF reading pretty easily nowadays...

B

yes, but most cars will peg the MAF reading pretty easily nowadays...

B
Thanks Bob, yep I peg it pretty quick, I didn't get an extender initially because I had just started burning my own chips, but I'm tired of doing that now so I'll get one.

You are going to be out of injector pretty soon if you turn the boost up. 50's are going cheap this year with the new 60's coming out. Might be time to step up.

You'll like the Extender stuff, very configurable, right from the driver's seat.

I put a couple miles on my car today, first time this season....... spins 'em hard from a 40 roll......yum.

Bob
:)

You are going to be out of injector pretty soon if you turn the boost up. 50's are going cheap this year with the new 60's coming out. Might be time to step up.
I've got 40#ers now, but they run about 98% DC, looks like the timing will be right, I'm waiting for the GT turbo results and feedback from those using them for a while, then its turbo time and new injectors.

Originally posted by 2 SLOW
Yeah Bob, but it takes three mufflers to really make it go fast.

I hope to make it fast this year......

The heads and cam made a huge difference in the car this year. Gotta get it to the track.

I went up from a PTE52 to a PT61 with a slight increase in lag, but it seems to make more hp.

I have a real problem with smoke coming from the tires, gotta fix that. :)

Bob

Hello Bob, I'm all up and running and all is fine...lots of 40mph smoke like you say :)

I posted earlier looking for some initial race setting tips for Extreme but got no responses. With your ported heads and new turbo I think we are pretty close to the same setup.

Care to share your thoughts on race fuel and spark settings....a good starting point??

Thanks, Bob Kolhouse

my setup last fall was:
26psi.
93 octane
Denatured in the alky tank, set on MAX
about 24-25 degrees advance.
my 50'S are going static.

17 row stretch intercooler
custom grind 206 hydraulic roller cam.

Yank 258mm with kevlar.

I haven't run race gas in a while.... In past years, my first stop when arriving at BG was Scottys for a full tank of Octane. The car runs so strong with the denatured that I ran pump gas last year.... :)

Bob

Bob,

Ok, whats going on here? Your going static on 50's! I thought I would sneak in here this year with a mid 10 on pump gas and methanol, and it looks like you are on your way to low 10's! Crap.

Nah, just kidding. Looks like you have some good parts there. Better have some healthy slicks to plant that baby on the line. Will be interested in timeslips when you get to run it.

By the way, any progress on a Scanmaster for the SyTy's? Were still hoping.

Scanmaster SyTy

It's been busy around here, but one-cylinder-bruce and I are going to collaborate a bit to get it done. The software framework is done, the Scanmaster LT1 hardware is capable.

Just a matter of time.

I'm hoping for high 10's on borrowed slicks.....then drive it home. Hopefully some neato torque converter tricks this year....

Bob

I went out to the track last night, and played around with the Translator, the WOT fuel setting was at 2% rich, I cranked it back to about 4% lean, and it brought the MAF numbers down some but only ran a 8.16 , but was still running 805-815mv O2s.
Cranked it down to 6% and then again to 10% lean, and made a personal best 1/8 time then of 7.83 and the O2's were in the 770's!!! This is all with the stock turbo!
Then WOT fuel can be adjusted without the extender, only if you are needing to lean it out, if I was needing to add fuel I certainly could not have in my situation since I was maxing the MAF early.
Was still a little rich in 1st and bottom part of 2nd gear, I'll borrow a friends wide band O2 as I think it may just not be heated up yet at the bottom part of the run, if it is in fact rich, I'll try out the extender.

Thanks and awesome product Bob!

Back