You can type here any text you want

trans wont shift out of 1st gear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

racer5252

The last time i drove it last fall it would not shift out of low gear, i stopped and took off again and it was fine. Then it did it again the next day. I put it away for the winter now it wont shift at all. I ran up to 4500rpm and still nothing. When i let off it is like its in neutral, i rev it up and it will kick back in but still wont shift. Put it in reverse and it growls but works fine. I adj. the TV cable but didnt help. Any ideas? I put an Art Carr shift kit in but it worked perfect for awhile.

Floor the car several times (10 or so) in a row and let the throttle snap back each time.

SOunds like you could have a sticking or stuck TV valve in the VB and the tremor from above stated procedure will release it possibly.

Went for test drive today and it shifts if i rev it around 4.5k rpm and release throttle, works from 1st to 4th. Tried snapping throttle to release tv valve but didnt seem to help, also readjusted tv at throttle body.

governor spring could have came off, did you drop the pan it would be a small spring that would be on the bottom of the pan.

Floor the car several times (10 or so) in a row and let the throttle snap back each time.

SOunds like you could have a sticking or stuck TV valve in the VB and the tremor from above stated procedure will release it possibly.

Of course i meant with the the engine off
:eek:

Dropped the pan, and after my shower of tranny fluid, i found the spring laying on the pan!! Gonna be an easy fix! thanks

Back