translater+need help

rick richardson

need to know where my white wire for sprark would go the wire from the coil white and a red tracer onit and the gray of the coil pak is gray and there is a red tracer on it. there is also two of both the same white with red tracer and gray with a red tracer thanks rick
the wires on traslater are soild white soild gray???????

The wire you're looking for is White. It's on pin A of the module connector. That's the one all the way back closest to the fire wall.

thanks for the repley i know the wire you are talking about i have the translater+ and it also has a gray wire were do i hook this up to it says the gray one but the only gray wire i see is gray with a red tracer and there are two of them any ideas thanks agian rick need to get this thing going

You have to cut the white wire at the coil pack. Your white wire attaches to the side comming from the interior, (computer) the grey wire attaches to the wire going into the esc.

Or maybe I have it backwards...?

does anybody know where the gray wire from the traslater+ go on the coilpak there are two of them the white goes to pin a what about the gray wire off traslater what pin location ?????? help me out here guys how about it turbo dave do you know thanks rick

Rick, we get that question all the time. Let me see if I can clear things up for you.

First lets see how the timing pulse is routed. It comes from the computer. It leaves there at connector B-4. This is a white wire that enters the coil pack (esc) nearest the firewall. (there are 2-3 white wires at the coil pack, the one nearest the firewall is the one you want.)

Once you are done installing the translator+, the timing pulse will travel up from the computer, through the translator's white wire, and into into the translator plus. From there it will exit the trans+ by the grey wire, and go to the esc (coil pack) by the white wire, closest to the firewall. This is the routing the timing pulse takes with the trans+ hooked up.

OK, to install the trans+, you need to cut that white wire (the one closest to the firewall) about 1.5 inches out of the (esc)coil pack. (Cut it so you can easily reach, and solder both ends.)

Once cut, the translator's white wire attaches to the section of the white wire you just cut, that is going to the computer. The trans+'s grey wire attaches to the 1-1.5" white wire (that you just cut), that is going into the bottom of the coil pack (esc)

Are we clear now? :)

Don't feel bad, as I couldn't be absolutely sure of what to do after I read the directions either..:)

ok the white and the gray go to the white wireon the coil pak both of them?? the directions said hook the white to the white and the gray to the gray and you are saying hook both to the one white wire on the coil pak is this right i just want to make sure i get this thing right the first time thanks for your help this is all new to me rick if you want give me your number and i will call ya thanks agin

hey turbo tim i went back and reread your repley and it makes more sense now . i will try it tommorow i feel like a dummy as i did not read it good enough this is going to be tight to get down in there ??????? have you had good luke with yours ? thanks agian rick

OK Rick..:)

I'm glad you understand it a bit better now.

Yes it's tight in there, but you will be ok if you take it slow, and make sure there is enough wire on both sides to make the 2 splices.

Yes I've had good luck with mine. if you are running the extender chip the dip switch trans+ settings, from left to right should be on, on, off, off.

Set the maf idle (base fuel) to 2, and zero the rest of the settings to start off. That is going right to left as well. go to 3 if you get off idle stumble. (on the base fuel)