You can type here any text you want

translator plus 6.0 ??? need directions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojitsu85

OK I bought a translator off ebay and it was causeing the check engine light to go on. Took it over to a buddies to test it and it was causeing the car to run rich. We put his in wich was 5.0 and the car ran fine. I sent the translator back to the guy on ebay and bought a translator plus 6.0 off someone but I don't have the directions to set it were can I get them? I must not have the dip switches and toggle nobs set up wrong because its causing the check engine light to go on. I won't beable to hook it up to a scantool to see what is going on until tomorrow. Any suggestions

Yeah but I still think I set th switches up wrong. They are set on, on, off, on, 2, 5, 0, 0. I'm just not sure if it's right.

If you are not running an extender chip the dip switches should be
ON,ON,ON,OFF

With extender
ON,ON,OFF,OFF
dip switch #4 should always be OFF

For the the knobs I would start at

Mike

Searching . . .
Per the manual on FT site;

•Switch 1 - On=6 cylinders Off=8 cylinders
•Switch 2 - On=Old style ECM (Turbo V6, TPI V8) Off=New style PCM (LT1,LS1,SC3800,Truck)
•Switch 3 - On=Output signal limited (blocks DTC Code 102 on OBDII vehicles) Should also be set to ON for GN / retrofit vehicles that are not running extender chips
•Switch 4 - Not used, please leave in the OFF position

Switches 1 and 2 are easy.
If you run an EE chip do 3 and 4 need to be off?
Can someone confirm which way is correct?

Back