You can type here any text you want

Translator Pro

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boosted231

For those of us who have to go through emissions testing, I was just wondering if it will pass the visual inspection without a maf on the car? I would hate to spend the money on one of these things then have to buy a maf anyway. Just wondering if anyone has any imput on this. Thanks

Just my 2 cents but i have only seen them do a visual inspection after a car fails ; so as long as you dont fail you will be ok [at least in the St. Louis Area] - also 99.9% of the idiots that open your hood dont know what anything is anyway... i always have to point out everything.... at least when i failed the test :eek:

I've run my car through twice in the past two weeks and failed both times. It would however be my luck that the idiot looking under the hood might know what a maf sensor is. Why is it these guys look under the hood anyway? Your right that most don't know what there looking at under the hood but I am at the mercy of the emissions station employees. I'm not sure if my maf is even bad but for the price of a translator with a maf and the new translator pro,the pro looks mighty inviting. I'm going to try the emissions chip and new O2 and see what happens.

Back