You can type here any text you want

Translator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

whiner

What is easier to use the Translator or the Translator Gen II. I am ready to order one, I will be using the LS1 MAF sensor. My goals are to get the car in the low to mid 12's eventually. It looks like the Translator is just plug & play where the Gen II has different setting and there is enough thing already on the car we have to adjust. What is your suggestions/experiences? I am looking for ease of use.

For ease you want a regular translator.

If your a gadget savvy individual, the Gen2 has more tuning resolution and other features that makes it superior. It's all up to the user and their ability's..

HTH

I recommend the regular translator. I'm using this with an ls1 maf. Keep it simple.:cool:

I've got one type on each of my two cars.

They both require reading the manuals. :p

The old translator + is easy to use but you have to make sure it has the latest chips in it if you buy it used and you do have to get the settings right although it was easy with my car and the 3.5" MAF. I use an extender extreme chip with 55's.

I've got to reflash my used GEN II someday as well as there's some upgrades to it. Just got the extender extreme G chip for it this week, I had been running the original TurboTweak chip I had in it when the stock MAF died.

It's a tossup really, buying new I'd probably go with the GEN II.

What is easier to use the Translator or the Translator Gen II. I am ready to order one, I will be using the LS1 MAF sensor. My goals are to get the car in the low to mid 12's eventually. It looks like the Translator is just plug & play where the Gen II has different setting and there is enough thing already on the car we have to adjust. What is your suggestions/experiences? I am looking for ease of use.

The LT1 sensor is 3 inch and wont require larger reducers to fit the MAF pipes. There is no performance benefit using a larger MAF especially on a possible 12 second even 11 second car.

For easy.. regular translator and LT1 MAF.

Reg old Translator ... make minor adjustments with your chip if ya have to . Keep it simple!!

Back